1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Diego BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Speed Freek, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2024 at 1:27 PM
    YotaFAB

YotaFAB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. Lol

Drainbung and theolee[QUOTED] like this.
  2. May 3, 2024 at 5:29 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Looking for a set of oem black lug nuts

3. May 6, 2024 at 8:10 PM
    Eastcoastin

Eastcoastin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oahu/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 V6
    Pelfreybilt Baja Designs errythang, 20” Onyx6, S2 Sports, & Squadron Pros King 2.5 Resis w/700 springs/Rear 2.5/12" ALCAN Leaf Springs Total Chaos (Rear Relocation, UCA, spindle gussets, LCA skids) Archive Hangers/shackles Toyo 285/75/17 MTs VTX Rogues InSight RetroFits Leer x100 Camper Custom Car Grills thin lip mesh grill mod w/braptor light mod Tail pipe chop
    Have a set of gear tech custom fender liners for a second gen with fender trim. Really just clearing out the garage if anyone is interested shoot me an offer. Located in North PB

Speed Freek[OP] likes this.
  4. May 23, 2024 at 3:08 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek [OP] Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    I finally got the new 6.3 LS swap in the Tacoma reinstalled (again, ugh) and fixed the rear main seal leak, even though all the gaskets were brand new. Didnt find anything obviously wrong and replaced all gaskets again and crossed my fingers, and no leaks so far after a few miles of driving.
    Since the motor is back in and all the A/C lines are connected I got it charged to blow nice cold air for the summer heat, but now I have to wire up the AC system to trigger using the Terminator ECU, I was able to charge it by just running temp power to the compressor for now.

The truck is gonna be a lot of fun! Just posted a pic of before I put the core support back on,,IMG_3743.jpg

sdwf, MadTaco461, JLD124 and 7 others like this.
  5. May 23, 2024 at 8:54 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Yay wiring, and programming the ECU to figure out what to do with the signals and building some switching circuits using multiple relays to make it work properly since I’m running out of in/out curcuits.
    Next time I do a setup like this I’ll just use the Dominator ECU, it’s got a ton more I/Os than the TerminatorX Max does and uses the same software for anyone that cares. lol
    IMG_3863.jpg

SKULLY, LOLLY, Drainbung and 3 others like this.
  6. May 23, 2024 at 9:59 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    I forgot why you changed to a 6.3 from the ls1?

7. May 24, 2024 at 12:43 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    I got a forged stroker kit for the LS1, might as well put some stronger guts inside it...it is now a 383, and boy can I feel the extra torque compared to the 5.7!!
    The cost of a forged stock sized rotating assembly (Summit Pro LS series) was the same as the stroker setup so might as well!

And my multiple relay setup worked great until I added the 3rd one and now it wants to backfeed, guess I'll have to use some diodes now..

8. May 25, 2024 at 3:56 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
  9. May 25, 2024 at 4:04 PM
    michael roberts

michael roberts Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07,4x4, white, AC.
    powder coated hood support.
    Extremely lucky to have survived.

10. May 26, 2024 at 6:46 AM
    Dorf510

Dorf510 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD 4x4
    Dayton wires, flux-capacitor, port-a-potty
    Extremely lucky to not be turned into Sloth from the Goonies, that 4runner is opened like a can.

theolee likes this.
  11. May 26, 2024 at 5:11 PM
    orbot

orbot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did you need a body lift? Considering this mod myself

12. May 27, 2024 at 4:58 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    How to win a Darwin award:
    Step one, spark up a cig while there is an obvious propane leak inside a vehicle creating an explosive vessel.
    Step two, die while running in circles totally engulfed into flames feeding the fire with additional oxygen.

He is lucky he didnt follow those particular steps, but boy was he close.

They said standing next to it?? Not sure how that is possible unless there was a ginormous leak and he had the window open and he was hanging through the window. Sheesh, what a moron, Propane has quite the strong odor so people can avoid things like this, that was quite a spicy blast!!

13. May 27, 2024 at 5:00 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Almost forgot to wish everyone and especially our veterans and current enlisted a happy Memorial day, thanks to them we aren't speaking German or Japanese as our primary language!! :cheers::oldglory:

14. May 27, 2024 at 5:02 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Im a 5 lug and no body lift, that would look silly having the frame hanging down so far.

If you have a 6 lug there are some kits out there that can really help with the install. On a 5 lug its quite the MFer to say the least.

daveeasa, orbot[QUOTED] and Drainbung like this.
  15. May 27, 2024 at 9:35 PM
    daveeasa

daveeasa FBC Harness Solutions Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma OR DCSB 6MT, 2005 RC 5MT PreRunner, 2002 Tundra SR5 RCLB 4x4
    Always do the hard way first. The rest is easy.

16. May 28, 2024 at 11:09 AM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Or better yet....being 80% done takes 20% of the time but the last 20% takes 80% of the time, ask me how I know, haha!

Hope you are doing well in the great north David!

Tacorvette progress report:
    So yesterday I changed out the wastegate spring to the lowest I had which on my boost gauge shows about 3psi, perfect for toning it down for the wife to drive it now, the 12psi spring setup was absolutely ridiculous for trying to drive normally! I could be in 3rd gear and when the boost comes on both tires start spinning like Im on wet ground, even with 275 wide tires it still blows them off rather easily.

Now I can use (once I program it in) my dial-a-boost so I can select 7 modes of boost levels, I will set the 1st detent as no PWM on the controller so it stays at 3psi and graduate the other 6 detents at 3psi each for a total of 21psi on max which isnt really practical until I get super sticky rear tires and/or the AWD conversion with 4 sticky tires ideally.

It's finally coming along and now I can start to enjoy it for a while before I tear it apart again for the AWD system once I get my plan in place, gotta start collecting some parts for the upgrade and then see how I can make everything fit where there is very little space somehow. AFAIK I was the first person to successfully swap an LS into a 5 lug and get it to work, and I did it back in 2011. and the truck still looks like its stock aside from the brake kit behind the front wheels and the intercooler peeking through the valance. I'll be curious to see how I can do with mileage on longer trips and see if I can get into the high 2#mpgs now that I have increased the volumetric efficiency of the engine with the turbo, not to mention the stroker setup which adds a considerable amount of torque in the lower rpms which is better for street driving.

JLD124, MadTaco461, Drainbung and 2 others like this.
  17. May 28, 2024 at 2:03 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    If you look closely you can see him move right after the Fodder settles, Drivers side, back door. I think we was inside laying down, so that rear seat is a good blast shield.
    Could have been a lot worse if he was in a busy parking lot close to other vehicles and people.

18. Jun 4, 2024 at 11:55 AM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    Anyone have a 8” e locker 3rd member? Mine blew up and has a hole in it….
    IMG_5841.jpg

19. Jun 4, 2024 at 9:35 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Well damn, being inside the truck changes my perspective slightly. Should have been able to smell it even easier, lol.
    Might have a little case of Tinnitus after that brief sudden pressure increase. :eek:

SoCaltaco65[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jun 4, 2024 at 9:40 PM
    Speed Freek

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    Damn, even broke the cast center housing! I don’t have one here, but I’ll check around and let you know if I find something.

Products Discussed in

To Top