1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Santa Cruz

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Santa Cruz, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4
    I have a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 double cab with 60,000 miles. The leaf springs have gone flat and the truck now tends to bottom out even with very light loads, not that it ever carried heavy loads to begin with. I know there is a TSB issued for this problem. I assume the springs should be replaced. What is the the cost of new leaf springs? At this time what should I expect from the dealer, am I responsible for the complete cost for replacement springs or should the dealer kick in for all or part of the cost? If the dealer is only responsible for part of the cost how much is reasonable? Thanks

2. Nov 18, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    You are probably out of the TSB period. That only applies under the 36000/3 year warranty period. Not sure of the cost of new leaf springs but I wouldn't get them from the dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top