1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sarnia or area?

Discussion in 'Ontario, Canada' started by Marc70, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Oct 7, 2020 at 7:50 AM
    honkonbobo

honkonbobo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    SW Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 ACLB TRD OR 6MT
    it says "OEM Replacement Boot's are made with same Material as your standard Race style 930 & 934 CV boot's to provide long life and durability over stock and hard plastic OE boot's. Boot Kit's will include 1 inner and 1 outer Boot with clamps. Stronger and more flexible than stock"

some reports say they last longer and some say they last around as long as the stock ones but either way they were cheaper for me vs stock or anywhere else so cant really go wrong. i was able to very closely inspect my boots on saturday and so far they are fine LOL. i am gonna reboot the CV axle TechHoff gave me as well with the boots i have left but i may now have more spares than i need.

llamasmurf[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Oct 7, 2020 at 8:08 AM
    llamasmurf

llamasmurf Herpa Derp

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Matte Black TRD ACOR
    FJ t-case with twin sticks and some other things :D
    k ordered one,

Thanks!

honkonbobo[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Oct 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM
    Marc70

Marc70 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc70
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4.0L, 6MT
    3" lift, ARB front bumper, steel rear bumper, Trail Gear weld-on sliders, aFe cai, 2lo kit, air bag suspension, RA Motorsports AL skid plates
    The boots i bought from NAPA were identical to the ones @honkonbobo bought, when we compared.

llamasmurf likes this.
  4. Oct 7, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    honkonbobo

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    SW Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 ACLB TRD OR 6MT
    they looked same and carried the same number which could have just been the OEM replacement number but hard to say they were the same material or if they were any better or worse. i am not convinced any boot is going to be that much better than the others except maybe the red ones from CVJ.

5. Oct 7, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    llamasmurf

llamasmurf Herpa Derp

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Matte Black TRD ACOR
    FJ t-case with twin sticks and some other things :D
    It is just for a spare, so it should be good enough!

:rolleyes:

6. Oct 7, 2020 at 6:39 PM
    Marc70

Marc70 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc70
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4.0L, 6MT
    3" lift, ARB front bumper, steel rear bumper, Trail Gear weld-on sliders, aFe cai, 2lo kit, air bag suspension, RA Motorsports AL skid plates
    As @honkonbobo and I discussed, an aftermarket cv axle is like $100CAD at most parts stores, and some or all are warrantied for life.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ way better than rebooting unless you've got an OEM Toyota cv axle. (Cause they are are a pita to reboot, , eh? @honkonbobo ?)

7. Oct 8, 2020 at 3:48 AM
    honkonbobo

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    SW Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 ACLB TRD OR 6MT
    its not a spare anymore once you install it. have a good one ready.

its messy for sure but worth doing IF you have an OEM axle. i wouldnt bother to reboot an aftermarket one but i am going to reboot the OEM for sure.

8. Oct 17, 2020 at 6:05 AM
    JWFortin

JWFortin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '17 Blazing Blue Double Cab Off-Road
    Every ME-SO mod but Bro Pro tails and 3rd brake - SCS SR8's with 255/85R16 ST Maxx - Prinsu Rack with Cali raised 42" slim light bar - TRD Pro grill - SDHQ dual behind the grille light mount with 2x 32" light bars - Cali Raised low profile ditch mounts with Cali pods - BakFlip MX4 Tonneau - WARN Semi-Hidden winch mount bumper - Bilstein 5100's all around with OME 887's - Anytime front/rear camera - Matte black EGR in-channel window visors - Matte Black Nox-Lux Overlay/Tailgate inserts - Interior Blackout kit (incl. black Highlander door handles and Sienna mirror control knob)/Blue door sill/glove box inserts Still wanting: Pelfreybilt or Mobtown Off-Road rear bumper
    I'm also in Sarnia. Took a hiatus from here as I had a ton of major renovations on the house and family issues to deal with.

I've done everything on my truck myself so far and am always willing to give a hand if I'm free. I don't have a garage (still under construction) but most tools, compressor, air tools, and a nice flat concrete driveway. Not to mention a well stocked liquor cabinet!Polish_20201017_090244948.jpg

RickydB, llamasmurf and TeecoTaco like this.
  9. Oct 17, 2020 at 6:37 AM
    TeecoTaco

TeecoTaco Liberty Biberty

Member:
    SW Ontario
    Vehicle:
    16 Taco DCSB TRD Sport 6MT
    Modified the level of gas in the tank
    Welcome back! Was wondering how the move went...

@honkonbobo ... this guy

10. Oct 17, 2020 at 6:47 AM
    JWFortin

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Every ME-SO mod but Bro Pro tails and 3rd brake - SCS SR8's with 255/85R16 ST Maxx - Prinsu Rack with Cali raised 42" slim light bar - TRD Pro grill - SDHQ dual behind the grille light mount with 2x 32" light bars - Cali Raised low profile ditch mounts with Cali pods - BakFlip MX4 Tonneau - WARN Semi-Hidden winch mount bumper - Bilstein 5100's all around with OME 887's - Anytime front/rear camera - Matte black EGR in-channel window visors - Matte Black Nox-Lux Overlay/Tailgate inserts - Interior Blackout kit (incl. black Highlander door handles and Sienna mirror control knob)/Blue door sill/glove box inserts Still wanting: Pelfreybilt or Mobtown Off-Road rear bumper
    Move went well, then had to deal with raccoons tearing apart the garage roof and back wall, skunks living under the back deck, roof that leaked into my bedroom and so many other fun things being a home owner.

I think the only thing that has helped maintain my sanity has been the boys opening Imperial and having a steady supply of their beer!

llamasmurf and TeecoTaco[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Oct 17, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    TeecoTaco

TeecoTaco Liberty Biberty

Member:
    SW Ontario
    Vehicle:
    16 Taco DCSB TRD Sport 6MT
    Modified the level of gas in the tank
    They let you get out your pent up frustrations AND drink THEIR beer?

Noice

12. Oct 17, 2020 at 7:04 AM
    JWFortin

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, they are co-workers so it works out well. Hell, we were their guinnea pigs for years trying all their beers before they opened. I actually wish they hadn't opened because now I have to pay for their beer!

TeecoTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jan 2, 2022 at 10:20 PM
    Bluenoser009

Bluenoser009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma (A-cab/TRD/SR5/OFF-ROAD/6 spd)
    Hey Guys - Wish I’d found the Sarnia thread while I was still living there. Just recently moved to Alberta (and am freezing my nuts off!)

Anyway, I inadvertently left a set of spare leaf springs I had there (at the in-laws). Looking to find a good home for them, so DM me if you know of anyone interested in a pair of gently used TSB leaf springs (used 2.5-3 years and always undercoated). Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top