1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SAS Help

Discussion in 'Solid Axle Suspension' started by trd1999, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Jan 23, 2018 at 2:33 PM
    trd1999

trd1999 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Saxton
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma TRD
    3' Lift, Light bar, Grey wire mod,
    Hey everyone. Im new to this forum and i just have some questions about doing a straight axle swap in my 99 tacoma. My question is how much of a lift will the stock springs give me if i pull them off a older toyota that came with the straight axle? I dont have any idea and i want to be able to know how high i will need to raise the rear to make it level and not looking like its taking a shit. I have a 3" lift already on the truck.

2. Jan 25, 2018 at 7:44 PM
    malburg114

malburg114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    I did the typical RUFS (rears up front) springs for a while they were a no lift pack. Front end of the truck was still taller than the stock rear because all the spring handers where lower than ifs and naturally a SAS is taller than stock but orginal frame height was 20-21" on 35s. All depends on how you do your spring hangers if doing leaf springs and how much uptravel you want to sacrifice.

3. Jan 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM
    slander

slander Honorary Crawl Boi

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma, fixed with curse words.
    There's no way you will know for sure what the height will be until it's swapped. You can get somewhat of an idea, but there are so many factors. You can get a lower ride hight if you mount the shackles in the front of the pack amongst some other benefits.

malburg114 likes this.
  4. Jan 28, 2018 at 10:13 AM
    1999RegCab

1999RegCab Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cacti Land, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1999 Reg Cab, 2.7, 5 speed
    3-link SAS
    Also...with a SAS, most people don't really talk about the amount of "lift" they get (as if you were installing some sort of lift kit on a stock truck). With a SAS most guys talk about "frame heights." :D

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. May 26, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    villlein

villlein Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ham
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma
    SAS with dodge D60/D70, 36 iroks, 5.86's welded rear, Eaton lock, OBA, half back cage, rear mount radiator, etc...
    ^ This, not including tires and their size, psi, how worn out springs are, frenched vs frame mount hangers, front or rear mount hangers, etc. Then once you're together expect to take it apart again for tweaking (re-arching, adding or removing a leaf). It's really hard to tell until you mock up everything as you build it.

Products Discussed in

To Top