1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sat radio included, where's the tuner located?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bajones, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    Bajones

Bajones [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So I just upgraded my HU, speakers and still want sat radio, so I bought the pioneer xm tuner. Is there a way to jack the stock tuner and make it work with my new system?

2. May 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    OK, so I assume you bought a new head unit and an XM unit that are not compatible?

Depends. What model of XM tuner did you get? A portable tuner (a device like an iPod) can be carried with you and connected to various sound systems or used personally with headphones, etc. Making it easy to connect into a stereo.

Many head units have an XM module designed specifically for them that integrates right into the HU controls and usually has a cable harness that plugs right into the back end of the HU.

Need more details on your head unit brand/model/year and the XM radio unit you purchased.

3. May 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM
    Bajones

Bajones [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    No I bought the pioneer tuner module that plugs into the head unit, it definitely should work (install tomorrow). I've had the ones you plug into the aux port and don't like those, not clean looking and not clear enough sound. I was just hoping that the stock tuner module was not integrated into the headunit so I could just use that instead of the $100 unit you need to buy otherwise. It sucks that I have an integrated sat radio in my stock unit and can't use it (since the stock unit sounds terrrrible).

Products Discussed in

To Top