1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satelite Radio 2011

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BMBIG, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    BMBIG

BMBIG [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    SE Mass
    Vehicle:
    '11 4X4 Access 4-Cyl
    I just traded my '09 for an '11 and would like to install a satelite radio receiver and fit kit. I've gotten just about all of the information I need from searching through old threads but have one small but of confusion.

Do I buy the Sirius or the XM receiver?

Is it my choice (I know they are both the same content since the merger)? Will one work on 2011's and one not? In 2010 threads people are installing the Sirius receiver PT546-08000. The Toyota web site advertises XM compatibility on 2011's with no mention of the word "Sirius". Calling local parts departments gets me varying answers. Some say to buy XM receiver 86180-0W032.

Do any new 2011 owners on here have satelite radio? If so which one do you have so I can buy the receiver [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 5:23 AM
    jloe

jloe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    syracuse ny
    Vehicle:
    SR5 2.7 4x4
    TRD alloys, Cooper Tires, Clairion sound, Weathertech floorliners,AVS bugshield,Toyota Toolbox,secondary air filter delete,tailgate antitheft mod,Afe pro dry filter,fog light mod Leather interior mod
    I'm going to change my stock h/u toyota dealers are clueless and the h/u SUCKS! Then go from there.:mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top