1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi Grill Done! Perfect Mesh Contour!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SManZ, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jul 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    I went the ziptie route and stick on square thingys for the zipties, and those didn't even last a week. what i ended up doing was using the same epoxy that i used to fill in the sides to glue the little square tabs to the actual grill, then i still used zip ties. Its kinda messy, and pretty lame sauce, but a least the little square dealies will be there and if i have to, all i have to replace is just the zipties. but i do like the screw and wingnut combo. I might have to upgrade in the future:D

2. Jul 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Lol cheers to lame sauce!

I got pics of the grill installed today :) Looks great!

Question for you guys...will painting the radiators black reduce the cooling efficiency? I'm not too worried about engine coolant but I don't want the S/C intercooler to run any hotter if I paint it.

3. Jul 7, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    emanb115

emanb115 Taco Luvr

Member:
    SoCAL - Orange County
    Vehicle:
    07 Black Debadged TRDSport
    current cosmetics: Debadged Smoked Taillights TRex eyelids LuminX Yellow fogs Engine: K&N Intake System JBA cat back exhaust from URD
    that grills looks good.... Great job on that satoshi; want to send it to me =)

4. Jul 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Lol now that I know how much sanding and time goes into this, you can take my grill with my guns out of my cold dead hands!

5. Jul 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    You did a great job on that grille....:cool:

6. Jan 24, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Daphne
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, Blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, Bedlined front valance, Satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer, RedLine Hood struts, Access LE Tonneau, LED Bedrail lights,
    Not to pull up an old thread but...

Smanz, just want to say thanks for the pics.

I didn't want the usual mesh, got almost the same deal as you except I bought a sheet of the small perf 2010 pattern. After I ordered I finally found this thread, sent Matt an email and he cut all pieces to fit (center, triangles, and lower valance).

Just finished up the center and triangles yesterday and love it.
    Now the problem is do I want to tackle the bumper... that was a lot of work.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top