1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi Progress and new Gauge Light Pic's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by samsterman99, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Aug 23, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    samsterman99

samsterman99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    06 access cab
    lots to list, i will get back to this one..
    MORE PICS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
    I was dead set on getting a new grill, and decided that instead of paying around 150 dollars for a new insert, I would spend the 150 dollars and make sometime a little more unique and custom, (aka Satoshi). The pics on how to start this process are all over and can be easily located. I think the only differences are how people decide to mount the mesh to the stock grill, so the pics below hopefully give a good idea on how i epoxied the bolts to the grill.
    As for the LED color change, I had a TN member, Yosh2000, help me out with them. We ran into a slight problem where my speedo needle lights would not come on, and 2 hours later of testing a re-soldering we found out my board was marked incorrectly from the factory, and the positive and negative were switched on one of the led perches. After that was sorted out, it all worked perfectly. So here are a few pictures showing what i had changed. The PRND4321 lights dont show up well on the camera, but in person they look so great. I have turned L into red, 2 is orange, 3 is yellow, 4 and D are green, N is blue, R is orange, P is green. I also was considering changing up all the lights to random colors, but figured since the check engine and airbag lights never show up, why even waste the time changing them. And I changed the cruise to blue, it sticks out a little more now than the stock green. It looks great with the white LED's on my Pioneer HU, and the Sirius radio is my next task. Hopefully I can break it apart and turn it white also to match the rest of my truck. The final picture is of today's simple modification, I made the inverter constantly stay 400W, and I also tapped into the wires so I can add a few sockets in the cab to charge anything I need to, mainly my camera batteries, and labtop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aug 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    looks great!

3. Aug 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    Looks great so far!

4. Aug 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    How do you remove the center console?? It looks like you just unclip it, but i don't wanna do it without knowing.

I want to change all the silver inside my truck to black.

Looks great by the way. :)

5. Aug 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    samsterman99

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    06 access cab
    It pops up just like the rest of the clips in the truck. First, remove the shifter knob, then pull up and remove the trim around it. I grabbed in the cup holder and pulled the back up first, then it easily popped out. The actual center console is held in by 2 screws you uncover when you remove the trim that i just mentioned, and the other 2 bolts are under the carpet in the console. Just pull the carpet out (it is backed by a cardboard type material) using some pointed tool, i used a small dentist's pick to lift it up. It then just pulls right up, exposing the inverter, shift cable, and parking brake cable.
    Any other help, don't hesitate to ask.

6. Aug 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    Cool, thanks samster! I'll be asking for assistance if i encounter any problems tomorrow.

7. Aug 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    samsterman99

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    06 access cab
    Allright, A few progress updates. Test fit the satoshi on the car, and finished installing the 120V outlet in the center console.
    Big thanks to the DIY section on here, all of the wiring connections were stolen from there, but I tried a new mounting location for the outlet, mainly because my sub box goes behind my center console, and I didn't want this to be visible at all. So I threw it inside the center console.
    Before picture after I washed my truck:
    [​IMG]
    Satoshi test fit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pics of how I mounted the outlet in the console. I used a high strength gel epoxy, and roughed up the surface of the console. Its super solid and doesnt move at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks totally stock from the outside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Until you open it up:
    [​IMG]

More random pics of my engine bay and grill:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    Dude, I love the light mod in the dash! That looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I'm liking what you're doing to your taco.

9. Sep 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    XR-Ace

XR-Ace //TRD

Member:
    O.C. California
    Vehicle:
    08 SWB X-Runner aka "BLUE BEAST"
    Evo Mod// Eagle Eye Halo Projectors// Magnaflow Exhaust// Yellow Foggies// Trd Badge
    any way we can meet up so you can help me do the gauge light mod.. just lmk dude thanks.

10. Sep 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    wolf13

wolf13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    that socket mod is very interesting, good work. do you have a complete write up of what you tapped into to set it up?

11. Sep 26, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    what kind of mesh did you end using on your grille i finished mine a couple weeks ago and the mesh just dosent look tough enough didnt really want to spend 100 bucks on a mesh online got any suggestions?

Ps. I used kitty hair on the sides look like you used a patch either way works good..

12. Oct 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '05 4runner SR5 v8
    any updates dude on the grille?

To Top