1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi suggestion/question...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robocop, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Apr 10, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    Now that I have a spare color matched grille I am beginning the satoshi mod on my factory chrome one. I have had no luck finding a metal grill locally and the stuff that is available here looks like the Lowes stuff that you can easily see through at all angles. I like the grillcrft stuff and while not as bad as the Lowes cheap mesh it still is easy to see through at times.

While looking around hardware places I found a large section of plexiglass type stuff that is thick enough to give good support as a grille. I am thinking of drawing out some grid lines and drilling very small holes in the material. It sands well and should take paint well and I am curious if any here believe this would work?

I could make the holes smaller than the grillcraft stuff thus allowing air through while making it harder to see through to the radiator. I figure if I line the holes up perfect it would look pretty nice painted black and installed in my grille. I am even considering finding a black section of thick plastic and drilling the same symetrical pattern in it for a grille.

Is a metal grrille insert a must have for the satoshi or am I simply wasting my time trying to figure something else out?

2. Apr 10, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 10, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    perforated..
    dirty pic...but you get the idea
    [​IMG]

4. Apr 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    EVILSTI

EVILSTI Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Catskill, NY
    Vehicle:
    1994 FZJ80 / 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro
    2022 Tacoma TRD Pro ......................................... 94 FZJ80 Land Cruiser Slee 6" lift kit 37" KM2s 17" procomp wheels Snorkel .......................................... SOLD: 06 TRD OFF ROAD OME Suspension lift kit with: Front OME 90000 shocks, 886 coils, top plate spacers, complete OME Dakar leaf spring packs, Front Diff drop kit, Rear N182 shocks, OME trim spacer, OME carrier bearing drop bushings, American Racing Chambers 16X8, Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 285/75-16s (Winter tires), BFG MT KM2's 285/75-16, satoshi grille mod, TRD CAI, AP front bumper, AP skid plate, Cobra 75 WX ST CB, 2' Firestik antenna, Pioneer Avic-U310BT, Beefed Sliders, LR UCA's, Tinted Headlights, AP Rear bumper, DTLTH, Smittybilt XRC10 comp winch, Yellow top D35, pAP custom Transmission Skid ;-) , NFab spare tire holder, DT Pipe Bomb,
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Apr 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    Jonny what brand of grille is that you posted or where did you find it?....Is it the same as posted in the link?

I saw a link when searching about this here and it was a cheaper version mesh that many had used and liked it. It was nice however I do think the holes could be smaller for a better effect. I believe it was 39.99 and made by customcargrills

6. Apr 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    customcargrills is where I got mine...

Products Discussed in

To Top