1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saturday fun for hiker enthusiasts... Last minute

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by rzimm001, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I know this is incredibly last minute but a couple taco enthusiasts and myself are going on a hike to Tenaja Falls. You will be on a well beaten trail most of the way and the end will result in a really cool waterfall. Great picture opportunity.

Details:

Where: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5&ie=UTF8&z=12

When: 1:30pm today 4/23

How long: At the final location of the map you park and hike about an 1 hour and then of course about 45min to get back

Difficulty: Mediocre. Anyone can do it that it is in decent health. One stream crossing requires walking across some rocks with water flowing around you but there is a rope you can hold.

What to bring: Water and a light snack is recommended. I think you need a nature pass from big five or any sporting goods store. Probably no rangers to check you but they're only like five bucks so...

Who's going: Just a couple people so far. Not a big event obviously, but very fun.

2. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
  3. Apr 23, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    that looks like a fun hike. Not terribly far from my part of town either

4. Apr 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    Does this link up with Santa Margarita Lookout? I know the Tenaja TT is listed for MTB riding, was this trail for foot traffic only?

5. Apr 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Cool! Didn't know about this one. I am gonna take my boys up there next weekend.

Products Discussed in

To Top