1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saw adjustment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by takern, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Oct 10, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    well my coilovers settled and i want to lower them about half an inch and i just need help. where is the set screw that i need to loosen in order to twist the collar? also i have the coilovers where the collar is on top of the spring so do i need to loosen the collar in order to make the ride lower? i.e. the less threading between the top of the assembly and the collar the lower the ride will be? or am i backwards and need to tighten it in order to compress the spring more.... i thought about it for like 2 hours and came up with logic that fit both ways and confused myself. thanks

2. Oct 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    takern

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    well i figured out where the set screw was. now i just need to know which way to turn it.

3. Oct 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    trial and error and lefty loosey righty tighty. Good luck

4. Oct 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    the Pacific Northwest, Exploring
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    King ET Coilovers Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate Trail Gear U-bolt Flip Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker OBA ARB Twin Comp 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights Lightforce 170s Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Optima Yellow Top battery Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines K&N Drop-in air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Uniden 520xl CB radio 3’ Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1” Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    I have the same ones you have, adjustment collar on the top. Reducing the amount of exposed threads above the collar will take lift out of it.

5. Oct 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Me too. Less threads above the collar = less lift.

This time, on the last turn, make sure to leave that set screw where you can get to it.

6. Oct 11, 2010 at 5:11 AM
    takern

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Thanks guys.

To Top