1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saw my first Santa Cruz in the wild this morning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Chiloquin_Car_Care, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Nov 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM
    CJREX

CJREX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    It will be a hot seller until all the "Gotta Have It Firsts" get theirs and then it will languish on the lots.

It was the best selling vehicle in the country when it came out, but then the Maverick was released and it's spanking the Santa Cruz.

The Maverick is thousands less $$$$ and better looking to boot.

2. Jan 15, 2022 at 7:39 PM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Thread Derailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dee Eff Dub
    Vehicle:
    Sport Crew represent
    I went and test drove one today. :anonymous::anonymous:

I have to say, it was a nice ride and had more bells and whistles than I could shake a stick at. I thought I would hate that the instrument cluster is just one giant screen, but I kind of liked it. Controls were intuitive and easy to get to, which is usually my biggest complaint with these over-electro-gadgeted types of vehicles. Suspension was smooth, all wheel drive was seamless. It had a moderate amount of grunt under the hood: Not a lot, but it wasn't a sloth either.

I didn't realize the things were so damn big. I was expecting a another Baja, but with the taco parked side by side, they were surprisingly close in size. The taco had maybe a foot on the Cruz, probably a hair less. Their beltlines sat at about the same height, the taco's roof was maybe an inch or two taller. The Cruz is actually much roomier inside both front and back.

Ultimately this was supposed to replace the fiance's car, and she decided it was way too much. We went home with a Mazda 3 turbo instead. Can't says I disagree with that choice.

b_r_o and CJREX like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top