1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sawick's "Punisher" Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Sawick, May 23, 2011.

1. Mar 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    CO Taco

CO Taco Texas Aggie

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 Black
    Weather Tech Mats, GTA aux adapter, Plasti-dip emblems, radio
    Great build. Your wheels look sick, i'm going to have to choose the cranks over the revolvers or rockstars now :thumbsup:

2. Jul 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    skeeter

skeeter Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner V6 tacoma
    love the guages and clock in the blue... how exactly did you do that ive been trying to figure out how for so long.. ive already got the whit gauges but what about the needle???

3. Jul 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    Sawick

Sawick [OP] Still not worthy!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    JB MDL, NJ
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    T4R TRD Pro Wheels, LED lights, Tonneau Cover, ICI running boards, AVS window/bug
    A member here (emelianenkov) did it for me. He swapped all the LEDs that are on the stock cluster for the new colors. They came out great!

4. Jan 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Hey Jason! Hope you're doing well. Checking in to see if you're still on the 5100 Billies and Eibach springs? I'm FINALLY getting around to putting a real lift on mine and am looking at options. I'm rarely of -road so I don't need anything crazy but I'm thinking I need a full 3" as I rub pretty hard with the 2.5" spacer. And, when I put my plow on, she rubs even more although my plow setup is fairly light (~300 lbs). Just am not sure the 5100's would help that much with my rubbing. Lemme know!

5. Jan 23, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    Sawick

Sawick [OP] Still not worthy!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    JB MDL, NJ
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    T4R TRD Pro Wheels, LED lights, Tonneau Cover, ICI running boards, AVS window/bug

I sure am and so far the ride has been AMAZING on them too. I still rub on my Cab Mount, even with the 5100s and Springs. Its all the backspacing and Tire Size though on my end. I dont get a "full" 3" lift out of the combo, its more like 2.65" or so. I guess I could change the position the Billies are on for a full 3", but then the "lift" will come more from the shocks and reduce their travel.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  6. Jan 31, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Thanks for the update Jason. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I have 5100s and Light Racing UCAs on the way and may try to run the Billies at 2.5" and see what the ride is like. The guy I spoke with at Downsouth Motorsports suggested that so I'm gonna give it a shot. if I hate the ride, I'll drop the Billies to .85 and get the Eibachs or OME 885s. We'll see! Even with the Billies cranked it outta ride better than the spacer I've had in there!!! And even that hasn't been that bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top