1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Say hello to Chaos!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KodiakToyTRD, May 7, 2012.

1. May 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Hey guys, here is my new dog (hopefully), haven't gotten him check for a chip yet. My girlfriend found him out on the street, his toe nails are ground down to the quick and he is about 28 lbs, 15 under the advised 40-45 lbs advised for a boxer of 4-5 months.

He is emaciated and has no fat or muscle. I need some pointers on how to healthfully get him back into shape and up to good weight. We will be taking him to get shots, getting him dewormed and fixed when he can handle it.

Any other advice on boxers and dog rescue would be much appreciated. :cool: :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. May 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Good looking guy! Call your local Vet on how to get an underweight dog back to normal weight safely. I'd imagine just throwing a big bowl of food in front of him wouldn't be a great idea, probably better to make sure he eats smaller portions and slowly at first (I'm not a vet so please don't quote me on that). Hopefully the previous owners did have him chipped and it's just a sad case of a runaway puppy!

If not, and you do end up keeping him, not sure if it's your first dog, but socialize him well and get the training done early! Boxers are fairly high energy and those thin limbs makes them prone to broken legs during rough play. Because of their short snout, they are also prone to breathing problems and could end up being a very very bad snorer.

3. May 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    That's a good looking boxer! I've had two boxers and I loved both of them! Great personalitys and loving dogs. I would just feed him like normal twice a day and he will put on the weight in no time!

4. May 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:

This ^^

We have 2 boxers. Great dogs. Feed him twice a day and get her checked out by the vet. Looks like he needs a good loving home. Get plenty of exercise, young boxers are very energetic.

5. May 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Good dog. Great color. Box with him.

6. May 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Boxers, in my experience, tend to have very weak digestive systems.

If you can afford it I'd start him on a diet of raw food... the best diet for dogs. In the long run it'll be much better for him health wise.

7. May 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Well, the owner reported him missing to the humane society, so I had to have animal control come get him. As it stands now, they are going to cite the owner for dog at large, unlicensed dog, and bring a neglect/cruelty case against the owner based on his looks and obvious lack of care.

It will be stated in the report that I would like to take custody of the dog and I will do my best to be at the trial/court when judgement is passed and hopefully the judge hands down an animal forfeiture motion. If so, I will be there to volunteer to take ownership of the little guy.

8. May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    I've had Boxer dogs all of my life, currently have a fawn female. Great dogs. Good luck with the court/trial and ownership pursuit.

9. May 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road

If he just lost weight like that from being away from home for a while it's ok. I worked at a vet clinic for a while and we had a St. Bernard that jumped out of the back of his owner's truck and was missing for 5 days. In just that time that dog lost 15 pounds (we know this because he was on his way home after a vet visit, and when the owner found him he came back to get the dog checked out).

But if it's found that he lost weight from being neglected, I hope you get him. What a cute dog. Boxers are so cool. They can be hard to train, because they are definitely persistent and willful, but they're loving and energetic dogs.

10. May 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    If they find that it was animal cruelty I hope you get the dog, but if they find that the weight loss was just from being on his own, I'm glad you found him and were able to bring him in for the time being.:)

11. May 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Thank you for stepping up & providing a safe home for him.
    Chaos is cute!

Products Discussed in

To Top