1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

scangauge problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by deerslayer75, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    deerslayer75

deerslayer75 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport Dblcab Lngbed
    pop-n-lock, mcgard tailgate lock, chrome tube steps, bed extender, chrome brush guard, Fold a cover (G-4) tonneau, weather tech floor mats and rain gaurds, sock monkey: TRD 3rd brake light and whitetail decals, LED bed lights, blue map & dome, 3rd brake light and license plate LED mod, illuminated 4x4 switch, fishing rod holder mod, scangauge II, Remote start & alarm, TW sticker, Flyzeye cupholder light mod
    I just plugged in my new scangauge and mph and mpgs aren't working. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

2. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Since you say you "just plugged in" the scangauge, did you go through the steps in the instruction manual that tell you how to set it up for your vehicle? You know, telling the scangauge the size of your fuel tank, that sort of thing?

Here you go.

3. Aug 29, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    deerslayer75

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    pop-n-lock, mcgard tailgate lock, chrome tube steps, bed extender, chrome brush guard, Fold a cover (G-4) tonneau, weather tech floor mats and rain gaurds, sock monkey: TRD 3rd brake light and whitetail decals, LED bed lights, blue map & dome, 3rd brake light and license plate LED mod, illuminated 4x4 switch, fishing rod holder mod, scangauge II, Remote start & alarm, TW sticker, Flyzeye cupholder light mod
    yes I set it up just not registering the two functions

4. Aug 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Never heard of that problem before. I'd contact the maker of the Scangauge, either something is odd about the 2011 (perhaps your truck is really new and there was a mid-year change?) or your scangauge is defective.

5. Sep 4, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    deerslayer75

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    Problem solved. I had the cluster out to replace the led's with all blue ones (done by yosh2000) and for whatever reason the scangauge wouldn't read those two things without the cluster plugged in.

6. Sep 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4
    That's weird. I am having a problem with the avg reading ridiculously high (read: 55-60 mpg) and some other weird readings. I used to have the scangauge II set up in my old Impala and it worked fine, it's like it wont switch to the new truck. I am about to look over the manual again to see if I need to do something more to get it to work.

To Top