1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scanguage and Tire Size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ProtoJ, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Dec 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    Just to make sure I am doing this right....I went from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17. Under the speed setting in the scanguage I would change the value from 0 to a +3. Is this correct? If it is, my new Dura-tracs are about 2-3 mpg less than my Yokahama Geolander AT's.

2. Dec 17, 2011 at 5:28 AM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    Okay...since no on answered I figured it out. It should have been +6. However, I discovered with the scanguage you can get it to display the speed from the truck computer and the corrected speed. Using GPS, I had to bump the corrected speed up to +6 to get it to match the GPS. This leads me to believe my speedometer / odometer must be off in my truck.

To Top