1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scanguage II Under the Tree!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by ProtoJ, Dec 25, 2008.

1. ProtoJ

ProtoJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Double Cab, Superwhite
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    My wife got me a Scangauge II w/ Blend Mount for Christmas. Installation was pretty easy (took a couple hours). The hardest part was installing the blend mount. I had to make my own thinner shims and it took a while to get it to fit perfect, but in the end it looks great. Now I just need to read the book and figure out what everything means! If anyone has any cool scanguage secrets or codes, please let me know. Sorry the pictures suck, the sun was creating some big shaddows.

Scan2.jpg
    scan.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg

2. ProtoJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Removed 2nd air fliter, AFE Pro Dry filter, Scangauge II, shorty antenna, ARE CX Topper, URD Short Throw w/ TRD Shift Knob, Toyota Chrome Exhaust tip, FJ TRD Center Caps, Westin Prerunner bar w/ Hella 500 Lights, Hardwired Garmin
    I justed added HP to the X-Gauge w/ the code from their website. I took it for a spin and floored it up a 7% grade hill in 5th and my max HP was 100 and while ideling about 5 HP. Can anyone explain to me under what scenario the 240 HP that this truck has is tested?

3. wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    looks good! is that a universal mount?

4. Coreyjon

Coreyjon Northern Alliance: Airlift Div

Member:
    Upstate, Ny
    Vehicle:
    08 DCab 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport
    iPod Adapter, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75" front, Wheelers 3-leaf 1.5" + overload rear (2"), custom carrier bearing drop spacers.
    I don't think it is capable of giving you an actual hp reading in terms of the work your engine is doing (or delivering to the wheels), however, it might be able to tell you a percentage of available power or the power you are demanding (based on throttle position, fuel timing, etc.) (which it might learn over time). I don't have a scan gauge, so I do not know. Just my random thoughts.

-Corey

P.s. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

5. yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '05 4runner SR5 v8
    sweet man, wife "got" me one too!!

6. medic2230

medic2230 Ditch Doctor

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Columbus, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper
    What is that white thing on the window behind the scanguage in the second pic?

Murph

7. SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Founder Socaltacomas.com Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
  8. pittim

pittim Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    IN, PA
    Vehicle:
    Dented and rusty
    Pink slider.
    Probably something for turnpike/toll roads. instead of having to stop at every booth, you get one of those sensor things and theres a lane that you can just drive through and it will charge you automatically.

9. Marioso

Marioso El Pitufo

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 debadged trd sport
    2.5 FRONT LIFT, DEBADGED, TRD OFF ROAD WHEELS, RUGGED TRAILS
    we call it a fastrak here in san diego

10. ProtoJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    The white thing is a pass that lets me take a faster lane w/out stopping on E-470. It is basically a fast way for me to get to the airport.

And, my wife actually did buy me the scangauge! She heard me talk about it and new that I was on Tacomaworld all the time, so she got on TW and did a search and found out where to buy it!

11. Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR S/C 4x4
    TRD S/C, Full OME Suspension, LR UCAs, Relentless Front Bumper, Derpwerx Fab HC Rear Bumper, 285/75/16 Revos, XD Hoss Wheels, Safari Snorkel, Infiniti FX-R HID Retrofit, Airbags in rear, Optima Yellow top, Besttop, All-Pro Skid, All-Pro HD Sliders
    looks like it's sticking out pretty far in front of the mirror. Mine is flush with the mirror itself... hmm

[​IMG]

12. ProtoJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    It does stick out far, but the viewing angle is perfect. I messed with every part and washer and mounting hole, and that is the best I could do. It looks like you may have a different mirror and you might not have the plastic peice that hides the wires routed up the headliner. That could be the difference.

13. Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR S/C 4x4
    TRD S/C, Full OME Suspension, LR UCAs, Relentless Front Bumper, Derpwerx Fab HC Rear Bumper, 285/75/16 Revos, XD Hoss Wheels, Safari Snorkel, Infiniti FX-R HID Retrofit, Airbags in rear, Optima Yellow top, Besttop, All-Pro Skid, All-Pro HD Sliders
    That's true -- different mirror. I know that MGT sells to different diameter stalks for mounting depending on mirror type...

Looks good -- you'll love it :D

To Top