1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SCION TC?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by RDAY, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sep 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    RDAY

RDAY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Im selling my bike to get a 2nd vehicle to get better mileage does anyone have any input on the scion tc are they really reliable? fun to drive? have enough room?
    Thanks

2. Sep 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    chich2000

chich2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    AK
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD TDR
    my brother has one and it's great. It's fun to drive. There isn't that much leg room in the back but there is plenty in the front. He has an 06 I think and has never had any problems. Very reliable.

3. Sep 26, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My neiphew has one - had it for years now. I haven't heard him complain about it once. If he didn't like it....he would've gotten rid of it a long time ago.

4. Sep 26, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I get 31mpg or there about with my 2005 tC. Never had any major maint issues except regular wear and tear I packed 6 weeks worth of clothes, plus a set of golf clubs, a surfboard, and a kit boarding rig in the back of mine. Had 5 full grown folks in the car several times- not comfy perse...but doable.
    And it's a BLAST to drive. I've put a short shifter and a torque dampener in mine and some nicer tires...It sticks to the road and is pretty comfy.

5. Sep 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    They are pretty solid cars considering how well priced they are. Reliability has never been a problem with Scion.

6. Sep 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    thats what i traded for my truck. it was a great little car and way fun to drive and thats probably led to mines demise. i ragged that thing so hard and lowered it with some cheap suspension and by the end of it all the struts were blown and 3rd gear was grinding. but that was all my fault.

i had an 06 getting 30 MPG all day long. my only advice is get the standard and take care of it and it will last you

Products Discussed in

To Top