1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scope these pics: 94 Yota I'm considering

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Buffco, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jun 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    BoostingMS6

BoostingMS6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 Tacoma Xtra Cab V6
    The truck looks pretty clean, nothing major appears to be wrong from pictures. Like someone else said, a CEL could be anything. Can't negotiate price until you know whats up with that.

What is their asking price, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, those rear leafs need replaced.

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    If there's an auto parts store nearby test drive it to there... I know they sell the computers with the OBD-I plugs so they should have one to use too. Other than that looks a hell of a lot cleaner underneath than my 04!

3. Jun 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    Buffco

Buffco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    $6,554, plus 7% sales tax, and $18.00 transfer fee. No other fees.

If you don't mind, why do you say the rear leaf springs need replacing? (I'm not much of a gearhead.)

4. Jun 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    BoostingMS6

BoostingMS6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 Tacoma Xtra Cab V6
    Well first off, price wise, that sounds a bit steep. I paid $5,600 for my '95.5 Taco Xtracab V6 4x4 with service records, great condition, and a bit of extra goodies. I do realize location has a great influence on price. Personally, I live in El Paso, TX, which is a pretty large city. HOWEVER, I could not find and Xtracab V6 for a remotely decent price here that wasn't in miserable condition. The nearest "city" to me is several hours away as well. I ended up driving 700 miles to pick mine up. Granted, it was from a private seller, which is always cheaper than from a dealership. But its just a thought :).

In terms of the leafs, you can't say for sure from those pictures because of the angles. Here's a picture of what leafs should look like: http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/0607or_camburg_toyota_tacoma/photo_04.html. Its not in a Tacoma, but do you see how the leafs appear to smiling? In your third photo, the leafs appear to be frowning, or at least flat. In other words, they lost their arch over time. Its just something that happens over time. First gen Tacoma's seem to go pretty quick as well (my leafs are shot). It doesn't mean you HAVE to replace them immediately, but expect some wheel hop and bumpiness with them on.

Hope this helps. I'm no suspension guru, so someone can correct me if they feel fit. :)

5. Jun 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I just spent 10 minutes hoping the girl in your sig's boob would pop out. God TW eats a lot of time...

6. Jun 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Haha yeah I saw it and said to myself that would be great for TW, definaltey a time waster. :laughing:

7. Jun 25, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    I like the animated gif!

Products Discussed in

To Top