1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

scratched inner windshield

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by cmoulton13, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Feb 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    cmoulton13

cmoulton13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgia
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma double cab trd off road
    :(
    Hey guys I was washing my windshield yesterday when my ring hit the glass and left a nice fine scratch about 6 inches long right at eye level on the drivers side. It is not really detectable with a fingernail but it bugs the hell out of me... not to mention its a 2013... I have heard of a TON of different scratch removers but my only concern with trying them is that this scratch is on the inside and I believe windshields have a factory laminate or tint on them??? :confused: Could someone give me some guidance on what to do?

regards

2. Feb 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    cmoulton13

cmoulton13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgia
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma double cab trd off road
    :(
  3. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    You're really out of luck, unfortunately. There is no glass polishing that I would recommend for a vehicle. Reason being, that once you polish glass, it distorts it. You're better off with the scratch than you are the distorted glass, especially in your line of sight.

Price out a new windshield, most aftermarket windshields can get installed for $250 or so now days.

4. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
  5. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB, TRD-OR - Traded In on a Ridgeline
    Finally, got my "first 4x4" in a Tacoma. Barcelona Red w/ JBL & Entune - Then traded it in on a Ridgeline.
    ... ^^^ ... This happened in the cleanup dept when my wife was picking up a new Honda a couple years ago. ... :eek:

Detail guy hit the inside of the windshield with his ring ... :eek: ... and we turned the car down at delivery ... dealer ended up putting in a new windshield and selling it to another customer.

FWIW ... wife scratched big mirror in bathroom with a razor blade ... had to replace mirror.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
To Top