1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

scratched roof using micro fiber cloth

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by larry2375, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Jan 8, 2011 at 1:28 AM
    larry2375

larry2375 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2010 mgm prerunner sport
    upper mx grillcraft, flowmaster super 44,bilstein 5100 @ 2.5,toytec 1/4" spacer driver side,nitto terra grappler 285/70/17,17x9 xd addicts, undercover tonneau cover, wet okoles, weathertech mats, toyota door sill protector, toyota bed mat, 30% tint, black toyota oem tube steps, 14" shorty antenna, trd skid plate, most important, viper 5902 with remote start and two dual shock sensors
    i scratched the roof while waxing, i can't feel the scratch with my finger and it's only the clearcoat. anyone ever had luck using scratchx 2.0?

2. Jan 8, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    scratchx 2.0?

Sure minor blemishes it will remove. If you can feel it with your finger it may not totally remove it. It does work though. a good coat of wax later it will be for the most part invisible even if you can still feel it.

Look at the bright side at least it's on the roof. Difficult to see the roof on these trucks.

3. Jan 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    McKinleyville, CA
    Vehicle:
    In the market for V6, 6MT 4X4
    Sold my 2006 V6 6MT AC Offroad like an idiot.
    Scratch x works great. Just follow directions on package. Then rewax where you used scratch x. I highly recommend meguiars tech wax 26.

BTW what are you doing waxing your truck at such hours, they need their sleep too :)

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 2:58 AM
    larry2375

larry2375 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2010 mgm prerunner sport
    upper mx grillcraft, flowmaster super 44,bilstein 5100 @ 2.5,toytec 1/4" spacer driver side,nitto terra grappler 285/70/17,17x9 xd addicts, undercover tonneau cover, wet okoles, weathertech mats, toyota door sill protector, toyota bed mat, 30% tint, black toyota oem tube steps, 14" shorty antenna, trd skid plate, most important, viper 5902 with remote start and two dual shock sensors
    thanks i'll try scratch x and wax with nxt. it's just that i like to keep the car looking good and when i scratched it, i felt like like it's damaged goods, hehe. but like you said, it's on the roof and i can't see it. p.s. where can i find #26 or whatever # wax that is? is that synthetic or carnauba? just switched from gold class to nxt and i like nxt better for durability and it doesn't stain the trim.

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    That is the same wax I use.here. I just found it in a regular automotive place. It's not rare. I think it's synthetic. I don't think it stains trim but I'm carefull to not get it on there anyway. It seems to last well. It gives a nice dark rich polish Side by side you can see the difference.. Pretty good really easy to work with.

Products Discussed in

To Top