1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

screwed by guy on TC.com, sold me some shot shocks.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lepedog23, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 15, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

Kinda late don't you think?

2. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I agree if I sold something to someone and it was a piece of crap right out of the box I would refund 100%

3. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

Why did you remove your post?

4. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    bad juju man... tacomaworld used to be a great place to get offroad stuff used.

now "some"people are ruining it. I wont buy certain things here anymore because of tom-foolery like this.

bugslife- sorry man but i will not buy anything ever from you. call it pride but man that is messed up.

5. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    Zack...OP is entitled to $120. Or something of equal value. U got a sister? [​IMG]

6. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    MurphyZ

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
  7. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    it would kinda suck to start a drama over 120 bux...

the original price on those coilovers is 500 bux...

had the seller sold them for 300 or more, then you could probably hate on him for hosing...

he sold them 120 bux, even stated that they needed to be rebuilt... if a third party rebuilder says they are garbage, it would seem that the manufacturer made a cheap quality product and hosed a lot more people than this one private party who sold them...

120 bux for adjustable coilovers when brand new coilovers cost upwards of 1,000 bux should be a red flag that they will likely need a lot of work or a rebuild... if the cost to rebuild the shocks ends up costing more than 500 bux, then it aint worth it...

if you are looking to invest 200 bux into a rebuild, and they will likely perform like new, then you have decent coilovers for 320 bux in the end, which is still 70% cheaper than going with a bigger name coilover brand new...

you get what you pay for, and when you pay 30% of what you should be investing in, you get 30% of the performance...

8. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    That's just bad form. Give him his money back and in turn go get your 300 from the original seller.

Actually what you should really do is foot the bill for the parts he needs so he gets his rebuilt Leepers after all.

9. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    soo..now bugs life is scared? orrr....

10. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    OK, so you apologized. Now how are you going to resolve this issue with the buyer?

In one of the threads you told everyone that you wanted to become an Law Enforcement Officer. You even went as far as putting a Badge up, but got caught and you put it down. Which is great, you realized a mistake, admitted you weren't LEO, and put it down.

As I'm sure you know, when they look to hire a person. They will try to look as far as possible into your past, and if something like this comes up, and it turns out that you ripped someone off; it won't look to good, will it?

So my question is.........did you honestly know the shocks were messed up before you shipped them? If you did know, and if you are planning a career in Law Enforcement, you may want to start to do things differently and rethink things differently for now on.

If you didn't know that they were screwed up, I'm not too sure what to think about that. It IS buyer beware.
    I suppose you could send half the money back if you fell guilty about it.

This is why I don't sell things unless I know they are good.

11. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    If I sold something to someone that really turned out to be garbage I'd be embarassed and refund them the full amount...that is, if they were honestly being truthful with me. But the fact that the seller knew they were junk and falsely claimed that leeper would rebuild them for free is straight up shady. If I were in your shoes I'd shit all over his other sales. I highly doubt you'll ever see any of your money again, so return the favor.

Nice kid my ass.

Edit: looks like I missed out on the breaking news about Bugs. Well your buyer offered a reasonable compromise on but you decided to stiff him instead. Time to man up. And anyone else saying you get what you paid for, true, but the OP wasn't exactly told he was buying useless garabge. Say you wouldn't be jaded after giving someone $120 for nothing and I say bullshit.

12. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    once again, mike speaks the most intelligent stuff in this thread

honestly what are you expecting from 120$ shocks? they can be rebuilt for around 100 each. stop trashing this thread you guys what else can you get for $120? rancho shocks? which are terrible

13. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    MurphyZ

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy

yup x2

business is business, might be how you look at it
    but a hand shake and my reputation mean more than a little money.

make the right choice and refund the money and suck it up.

14. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Refund his money

15. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    lepedog23

lepedog23 [OP] Taco Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Huntington Park
    Vehicle:
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 trying to rebuild ***Sold2001 DC Tacoma. Stock. Salvage Title MOD.
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 ***Sold 2001 Tacoma, Salvage Title MOD. ***Sold 2010 Tacoma doublecab prerunner
    i didnt mind paying 150-200 bucks to get them rebuilt but now that i know they were garbage , because i'd end up spending 300 for some shocks, still a good deal.
    it was not a_bugs_life or zach so dont bomb on that guy....
    the guy i got them from i think bought them from a_bugs_life....
    this guy never posted an add for them....

16. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    personally, i would try to look for a positive way to make the best of the situation...

you can get a full refund of 120 bux, but you will only end up spending 600 or 700 bux for a set of good used coilovers later...

Leeper still builds shocks, so i don't see why they can't rebuild them, although there seems to be so much emphasis on FREE around here...

find out first how much they can do a rebuild for and see if that price outweighs the cost of buying higher end coilovers used...

it just sux to see such drama break out, especially amongst the So Cal region... the scene here is pretty well tied in to each other, and there will come a time when both parties will find themselves within the same wheeling event and it would suck to see a run divided over money...

17. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'd expect to get the 120 dollar shocks that need to be rebuilt- and I'd expect to get the "free rebuild" that was advertised. Just accepting trash with poor/false advertising isn't right.

And I'm pretty sure Leeper doesn't build shocks any more...This is more fall out from the drama about the Leeper shocks being sold.

18. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    lepedog23

lepedog23 [OP] Taco Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Huntington Park
    Vehicle:
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 trying to rebuild ***Sold2001 DC Tacoma. Stock. Salvage Title MOD.
    Wrecked 2002 4Runner 4x4 ***Sold 2001 Tacoma, Salvage Title MOD. ***Sold 2010 Tacoma doublecab prerunner

i hold no grudge against the guy but i think its fair i get atleast half??? if i see him i'd say whats up to him wouldnt talk crap about him but i just think its fair? not asking for full refund, we both lose nobody wins.... going to work now will check up later. thanks and damn kind of regret starting a fire here and having guys bomb on the wrong person.

19. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    jacob_wood

jacob_wood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Jose, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    2010 SSM DCLB
    If not him then who?

20. Sep 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    He asked to get bombed....Poor head work on Bugs part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top