1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SCSPerformance - 200k+ miles and still modding build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds' started by SCSPerformance, Aug 10, 2011.

1. derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Damn your Taco is the same year as my 4Runner and has 100,000 more miles! :eek:

Looks good. :thumbsup:

2. SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance [OP] Stealth Custom Series™

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Matte Black custom paint
    these engines are durable and trouble free. i just wish it had more power. my work is a lot closer nowadays, but i'm at ~230k miles.

3. stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in new jersey

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    south jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    looks awesome dude keep it up :)

can't wait to see the lift!

4. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    I finally did it!!! After accumulating a bunch of parts over the last couple of months, I finally got down and dirty over the weekend to install the lift. Special thanks to my brother for helping with everything.

Unfortunately, I did not have my digital slr at the time so I had to use the good ole point and shoot camera.

Lift setup:
    - Eibach lift springs
    - Bilstein 5100 front struts
    - Bilstein 5150 8.5" rear shocks
    - 2" Wheeler aal
    - Wheeler rear extended brake line
    - Toytec differential drop
    - BAMF BPV bracket
    - Energy Suspension 4.5" bump stop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front setup went in pretty quick since we had power tools. We did the driver side first with the Billys set at 0. Once the truck was lowered, I took a quick measurement and it seemed like I only got 2.5" of lift so I was a little stumped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then decided to see how it would look on the passenger side if we set the Billys on the middle setting. I know, I know:spy:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The angle is pretty steep, but damn did it look good. Now my measurements shows that it's close to 4" up front:eek:. So we took out the driver side and matched it up. I couldn't resist the extra lift. We tackled the rear and installed the 2" aal, rear bump stops, rear brake line, but I forgot to snaps some pics along the way. It was getting dark by then anyways.

More pics to come soon to show you guys how it looks with the 2" aal. It does ride a little stiff, but better than my stock setup. I'm sure if the Billys were set at 0 it would soften up the front end a little. I'm going to drive it like this for a week and then decided to either leave it in the middle setting or drop it back down to 0.

Now I wished I would have gotten 285/70/17 instead of 265/70/17.

5. Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Vin!!

You take those shocks off right now and install them correctly! You will KILL your CVs in days with that much lift. They are made to only be on the 0'' setting man. It even looks like you got over 3'' of lift with it on 0 so..idk why you didn't like it that high..

Trust me man..your just setting up your truck for some MAJOR pain.

Do it right..or don't do it at all...

The tires will help tho once you get them.

Other then that. Can't wait to see more pics as i pretty much provided 1/4 of this lift lol

but please!!!! Put the Eibachs on right..

6. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    LOL, how did I know you were going to be the first one to respond to this. I hear ya Monte. I will decide by this weekend whether I bring it back down or not. I'm 60/40 leaning towards bringing it down;).

7. Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,

Of course i would :D

And dude you have too. There is not option to or not. You'll just hurt the truck if you don't.

8. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    I've been slacking in the photo department. I don't have any nice shots yet post lift, but here's a few shots that I took while testing fitting some BAMF sliders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE FRONT COILS!!!! $#%@#%@$%@#$!@$!@#%!#!#@$@$#$*()&)@#$%*@#$%@)(&@#$*%@$*(&^@)#$(*&.........

But bad ass sliders m8 :D

10. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Monte, I though you had better eyes than that man[​IMG]. They are set at 0 buddy. I think my 265/70s are too small, selling your 33s anytime soon??? HAHAHA.

11. Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    hmm..there is one pic that looks like its not..maybe I'm just used to the rake look lol

and nope sorry :p just got em haha

12. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    You get them sliders installed yet :confused:

13. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    i got the brackets and gussets welded on. next week, i plan to paint them and get them welded onto the frame. pics coming next week.

14. Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    California
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD SR5, 3.4, 5spd
    -Bilstein 5100 Series shocks on all 4 corners -Rancho HD lift coils -1/4" Toytec driverside top plate spacer -Toytec 1" diff drop -Wheelers 1.5" AAL's -Toytec 1" lift shackles -Revtek extended length BPV bracket -285/75/16 BFG KO T/A's -Pro Comp rims -ET Conical tyle lug nuts -Spidertrax 1.5" wheel Spacers -CV Boot slide mod -TRD skid plate -Magnaflow 14" round muffler -Shortened tailpipe hidden behind framerail -Toyota bug deflector -Weathertech floormats -Black leather seat covers -Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    Don't know how I missed this, but wow, nice work!!!

Very nice lift setup and your truck is looking better and better all of the time.

Keep up the great work!! :)

Austen

15. Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    His lift is so nice cause he got it from me...kinda like someone else i know..:spy:

:p hahahaha

HURRY UP VIN! get them sliders on. They are gonna be sweeeetttt

16. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    X2 man I need to finished pics of those bad boys :cool:

17. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    They are sweet and I will send them your way once they're on.

18. Alpha Q Up

Alpha Q Up Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    The build looks good! And some cool sliders!

19. SCSPerformance

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    More updated pics

Wheeler extended brake line

[​IMG]

BAMF BPV

[​IMG]

Mercer frame reinforcement plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BAMF slider w/kickup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    Damn those look great man!

nice photos!

To Top