1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sea Foam question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Khaos, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Oct 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    About to go sea foam my truck for the first time. Just want to make sure that I'm gonna do this right.

I disconnect this and slowly pour the sea foam in while my truck idles.. Then I shut the truck off for five minutes turn it on and let it do its thing.

[​IMG]

Am I forgetting anything? Any advice?

2. Oct 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    You got it. Don't panic when it smokes heavily from the exhaust.

You can also add some to your fuel tank.

3. Oct 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    ForeRunner

ForeRunner Scotch before noon. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Somewhere between Maine and Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Subaru WRX STI Limited (no wing)
    Extra PSI
    I'd have to look at my FJ but is there another place closer to the throttle body?

On my 2003 Tacoma I pull the hose off of the pcv valve, insert a small funnel into the hose and slowly pour the seafoam in there. I make sure the engine is up to operating temp then Seafoam her. Shut her off then wait 5 then start the engine and let it idle until the smoking stops

4. Oct 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I've heard good and bad about seafoam. If you use Techron is seafoam necessary? Do you change your oil after you run seafoam? If it cleans crap out of the motor some of it must get into the oil. Curious George

5. Oct 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    I put some in my gas tank a while ago at around 75k miles, now at 86k, no problems and it seemed to idle a little smoother.
    putting it in the your intake/manifold/pcv is like what some old timers I know have told me they used to do, but they would use just water and it would "steam clean" things lol. I figure if it really cleans junk out, where does it go? oil, cats/muffler? anyways, good luck with all the smoke :D

6. Oct 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i always just disconnect the hose from the brake booster and shove it in the can of seafom until half is gone, then cut truck off for a bit, then fire it back up and smoke the neighbors out.

7. Oct 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Sea Foaming is complete. Not nearly as much smoke as I had hoped.... Truck is idling and sounds far better now. I think my Taco's happy...

Now I'm sitting here ripping apart the head unit on my Mom's '03 Sequioa to get some CDs out since her changer broke... Damn Toyota and their clips. She wants to get a GPS head unit and ditch the stock one... Anybody wanna recommend a good one?

To Top