1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seasonal into fulltime

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by cbcs1987, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nov 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I recently got a seasonal job for the holidays. I have been working hard there and feel like I've done a good job. My job is supposed to be complete around January, but I would like to keep it past then. What would be the correct way to approach a manager about this? I feel like they think highly of me, but I don't want to jump the gun on this and approach them about it to early, or even to late. Thanks for the help!

2. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    If you have a good working relationship with the manager it couldn't hurt to have a conversation with him about making it a permanent position. If it's corporate run, the manager overseeing you may not have the authority to make the call and it may take him some time to get a response. You have nothing to lose by asking, it shows you like your position and the company. They may also make you reapply if they do have a permanent position open, again, depending on how the business is run.

I think it will come down to whether they can support another full-time person. If they can't, worst case your job comes to an end as you expected when you originally took the position. I highly, highly doubt any manager would take your inquiry negatively.

3. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB Sport 2wd
    5100s @ 0.85, Grom iPod/Bluetooth adapter, mud flaps removed, clear turn signal bulbs, TSB leafs, two extra D-rings, debadged, fog light anytime, OEM bed mat, Undercover classic, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Fumoto valve
    I don't think it could hurt to be too early. At least ask them to consider it.

4. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Monroe Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4X4 DC
    OME 885's, Bilstien 5100, 2"AAL, Weathertechs, AVS visors, Access bed cover
    I would approach him and ask "How would you suggest I go about becoming a permanent employee." That way he knows you have interest, and he may be able to offer insight on what type of hiring practices the company has.

5. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Boiling denim and bangin whores

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    just tell managment you enjoy working for them and if there's anything you can do to become a full-time employee.

what job is it, if i may ask??

To Top