1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat Belt under Warranty??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 619Tacoma, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma [OP] Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but i'm hoping some of you could help.

I bought my 07 Tacoma used but my D**b*ass was all excited about FINALLY getting my Tacoma that i didn't check everything when i purchased it. So now after a few months, i notice that the Rear Center seatbelt doesn't work. You can't pull it down, so it's retracted how it should be but i can't pull it out/down to buckle it. Hopes that makes sense. My truck has 31,000 miles.

My question is will this fall under warranty of some sort?

2. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM
    javajunk-e

javajunk-e Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    '09, Super White, DC, LB, 4x4, SR5.
    Tacoma all weather floor mats, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ Hella 500ff lights, mag-lite mod, Hi-lift jack, Wet Okole seat covers, Revenge Fab sliders, ARE MX shell with Thule racks, and a Bed Rug.
    since seat belts need to work they may be guaranteed for life. no matter if you have changed owners. I used to work for acura and seat belts were replaced all the time. try calling the toyota dealership and see what they can do. it can't hurt! if they want to charge check out other options... let me know how it all works out!

3. Oct 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Thanks guys...

I'm going to take my truck into the dealership to get the Windnoise & Suspension TSB's addressed (Hopefully they won't beat around the bush). Thanks to TacomaWorld, i have the TSB printed so they can't say anything. I'll mention the seat belt as well.

I'll let you guys know how it all turns out.

4. Oct 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    BeefTaco

BeefTaco WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST

Member:
    Santa Cruz County Ca.
    As long as the reason it does not work was not caused by an outside influence and it is a mechanical problem in the seat belt itself they should take care of it for you. But make sure when you take your truck in and they do the write up make sure they look at the seat belt and put it on the repair order so you have record of it that way if they don't cover it they can be held liable for it. If they don't cover it then call the Toyota Customer Experience Line and get them involved. I don't think they will hesitate to take care of they pretty much have a life time warranty.:cool:

5. Oct 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Cool.

I just got home from the Yota dealership. I went to try and get my Rear Suspension TSB & Windshield noise TSB done. So i have an appointment on Saturday. There i will also bring up the seat belt malfunction. Thanks for the advice, i'll deffinetly have them write that on the paperwork.

Thanks again & i'll let you guys know what happens.

6. Oct 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    What dealership in San diego? There were a few of us that went to kearny mesa toyota for the rear tsb. Just curious. The whole seat belt thing...any dealership should be able to fix it. Good luck brother.

7. Nov 1, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Well i was supposed to go to the Toyota in the Mile of cars in National City.. Key word "supposed". I had Way to much to drink last night so i didn't wake up until after noon and my appointment was at 8am. LOL.
    So i didn't even bother taking it in today.
    How long did they have your truck for to do the Rear tsb?

8. Nov 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I was out of town when my wife dropped it off. She was able to pick it up the same day when she was off from work. They did a good job with it. Remember, as long as you have some sort of documentation, you should have no problem taking it in after 36k miles since your procrastinating. LOL. Im sure you'll do it soon. Ask them about wheel alignment and headlight alignment before you leave it with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top