1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat compartment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by l_prettyman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    l_prettyman

l_prettyman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Easton Shore Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 SR5
    12% tint, Leer cap, Pioneer Avh3100DVD headunit, Kinetik 2000 battery, Memphis pr1.1000 amp, Pioneer subwoofer(not sure what kind), Back-up Camera, PA/CB system
    I know its probably been asked, but how does one take out the storage compartment behind the seat of a 06 double cab? i know there is bolts and snaps but without taking the seat out, how is this done?

2. Feb 11, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (.85), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    I've taken both sides out to get to the passenger side to add some padding where it was rattling against the bare metal. Remove the screws (4 of them?...been a few years), then it does just pop out. It is a real PITA! But it can be done without removing the seats. Must start with removing the driver's side first, as it overlaps the passenger side.

To Top