1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JONNY TACO, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    JONNY TACO

JONNY TACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA.
    Vehicle:
    DARK METALLIC GRAY -DOUBLE CAB SHORT BED
    ADVANTAGE TONNEAU COVER,TOYOTA BED LINER, POP&LOCK TAILGATE LOCK, SIDE TUBES, WIFE IN PASSENGER SEAT
    Looking for seat covers for the rear split bench seat in my 2009 double cab. :confused: Any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks

2. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    What kind of seat covers?? Wet Okole makes some....I'm sure you can get some custom made- so the type you are looking for is important...

3. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Go with wet okole. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it IMO.

4. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    JONNY TACO

JONNY TACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA.
    Vehicle:
    DARK METALLIC GRAY -DOUBLE CAB SHORT BED
    ADVANTAGE TONNEAU COVER,TOYOTA BED LINER, POP&LOCK TAILGATE LOCK, SIDE TUBES, WIFE IN PASSENGER SEAT
    Don't want real expensive ones. On the $60 or less would be perfect. Need them mostly during hunting season to keep dirty butts and the like off my seats.

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Just bought front and rear seat covers through Costco. Neoprene Coverking's. Prices were great. 269.99 total. Nice covers and way, way, cheaper then Wet Okole. Good luck. K:rolleyes:

6. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. That's funny right there :D!

7. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

Do you have pictures of the covers...I am about to get the same covers for my truck. That deal from Costco will be good until 12/20. Awesome deal. About half of WO.

8. Dec 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    No,
    Should arrive today. There was a post in TW online. Someone else installed them and was happy with the fit. I know several other non-Tacoma owners who have them and they were very happy. Cheaper alternative to Wet Okole's. Anyway, should have them today or tomorrow latest. Once on I will certainly post my initial feelings on them. K

9. Dec 9, 2009 at 5:58 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Do they work with the side airbag models?

10. Dec 9, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    Boomtacoma01

Boomtacoma01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston
    I have the TRD neoprene seat covers that are black and grey. No probs with them so far and the price was right. 150 bucks on a deal on TTORA.

11. Dec 9, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I've got pics of the front seats, but mine's 1st gen. Take a look in the Product Review section. I love em! Just don't expect an armrest cover...

12. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

Yes...you will have to specify that you have that model...there is a flap.

13. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Yes, they have both the regular seat covers without the side air-bag as well as the TRD version with airbag. K

14. Dec 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Just finish installing the coverking covers on front and rear seats on my new Trd Sport 2010 double cab. The install was fairly simple, although I did say a few choice words installing the front passenger seat covers. I say start with the drivers seat as it had more room for my hands under the seat. Also, having someone assist makes the install much faster. First seat cover must have taken what seemed like and hour. 2nd one only 15 minutes. Instructions and pictures could be better. The back seat was super easy. About 35 minutes to do both sides. Fit and finish is fairly good for an install with minimal hooks. One are of concern was front seats and tucking the material from the top cushion through the bottom of the front of the seat. With the flap on the back on the original seats there was no way to attach. However, it tucks completely under and the velcro at the back of the neoprene on the upper front seat attaches firmly to the seat bottom at the back. Nice and snug.
    The back seats were a breeze and installing integrated seat belts took only a few minutes. One other area to be aware of is the center console does not come with a cover on bucket seats. The pictures shown online and on at least one other build I have seen in TW show the covers. When mine arrived I called and asked Coverking and was informed this. Might not be a big issue to you but then to some it may, so just be aware.
    The seats look pretty good and after a few days I expect to go through and snug down any loose areas. There is a flap on the drivers and passengers seat to allow for the airbag to deploy. It tucks into the seat so you don't really see it.
    The colors (black and gray), while pretty nice the gray is a lighter shade and doesn't match the trucks color perfectly. If your looking to save some bucks over other brands such as Wet Okole they are a great bargain. Bought mine through Costco online for 270.00 total includes tax and shipping for both the fronts and rear. Took about a week total to arrive.
    Hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy some covers and still sitting on the fence. Oh, and I am regular joe blo with minimal skill and I would rate them an easy install. Good luck. K:cool:

15. Dec 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Do you think the charcoal would be better than the grey... I don't want it to be too light colored.

16. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I blew it. I should have opted for the charcoal/black covers as well. Must have got too excited when I ordered and neglected to carefully look at the covers. The gray is very light. The charcoal will hide mistakes a bit better as well. K

17. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Pictures?

18. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Sorry, didn't take them as I went along. Will try to get some tomorrow afternoon if it helps. K

19. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

I just want to see them on the truck...as I am going to order some soon.

20. Dec 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC-LB 2WD Prerunner V6 Auto
    Hello All,

I have a 2009 SR5 Prerunner 2WD. Do my from seats have the side air bag? I know the drivers seat has a big knob on the side that changes the lumbar support.

TIA

Products Discussed in

To Top