1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat height

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by baral, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Alright, too many complaints about modifying your truck's seats.
    Next best thing to do at this stage is to trade it for a nice shiny new Ford F150. Then you can have the seat adjustments you want. Recaro's won't do, mods to the seats raising them are out. Even reuphostering sounds like a negative.
    No one wants to give you a better option, so as I said buy the F150. You will be happier with the seats anyway. Ken :cool:

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    brandob9

brandob9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Long Bed
    Soundproofed cab, beeps purged, bed lights, extra bed tie-downs and TSB springs.
    On the other side - those who are 6' or taller struggle in these trucks, too. My eyes are near the top of the side windows and I have to crouch down to see stoplights. Has anyone lowered their seat?

3. Feb 23, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    I'm really interested to see if that's possible. See my thread regarding power seat topic, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/76265-power-seat-tacoma.html

What I'm most curious about is if the rails are the same between the Taco and the 4Runner. Any way you can check?

Products Discussed in

To Top