1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat swap on 98 tacoma reg cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by bisleypete, Jun 28, 2010.

1. bisleypete

bisleypete [OP] Member

Member:
    Tupelo MS
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 4 banger
    leveling kit
    need seat. going to see guy who has a bunch. Will a 2001-2004 60/40 work on a reg cab or should I go with buckets out of a 4 runner or try to get 95-2000 seat. need help from experts

Thanks Hilton

2. EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    I assume you're ditching a solid bench seat for buckets, right?

Some amount of tweaking and / or drilling new holes will be required for all the options you mentioned.

The most straightforward swap would be pre-2005 Tacoma buckets.

Next in order of escalating hassle would be the 2001 - 2004 60/40. The passenger side is a basic bucket, but the driver's side has a different mounting arrangement on the rear inboard 'leg'.

4Runner buckets would involve the most tweaking (and maybe some outright fabrication, depending on generation).

If matching your interior color scheme is important to you, I'd recommend trying to find 1998 - 2000 Tacoma seats.

3. yota32

yota32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I had my 98 Sr5 extended cab with the terrible 60/40 bench seat I installed a bucket seat from an old 80's era toyota pick up truck. It was a nice seat; it had all the adjustments and stuff. I had a shop install it for me; they had to drill new holes for the rear brackets since they were shorter than the OEM seat. It is possible...it just may take some fabbing and drilling.

4. malander

malander That's some tight butthole

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    Depending on how tall/big you are I wouldn't go with the 01-04 seats. I'm 6'2 and any ride over 30 minutes kills my back.

To Top