1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kpinks, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Aug 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I bought mine used. I avoid stealerships :D

2. Aug 24, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Lies??? Say it isn't so! ;)

Me too ... after two days with the dealer I had to walk away. Up here they're the only new Toyota dealer in town ... no competition ... what was I thinking??? :confused: They wouldn't budge off sticker price ... and wouldn't offer more than $2000 less than what my trade was worth.

Poor kid (young man) I was originally working with didn't understand what he did wrong; he contacted me a couple days later to ask ... told him he didn't do anything wrong ... I just didn't like the company he worked for ... nice guy ... too bad.

3. Aug 24, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Damn, you need to come up here! I normally avoid dealerships but there are several large dealerships within 5 miles of each other and they fight tooth and nail for your business (the way it should be). After I started negotiations with the salesman, the sales manager came over and worked out the details til it was done. I watched him, he made it a point to do the same with every customer there, I was pretty impressed! They also send service coupons with great pricing (oil change for $10 for example :eek:) just to keep you coming back.

4. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    That would be nice ... run into it a lot up here, poor customer service and high prices because there's not enough competition. Used to really bother me, but I guess I've learned to live with it. Alaska makes up for it in other ways. :D

5. Aug 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    Regolith

Regolith Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    W. Washington
    Vehicle:
    '04 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    Truck cap, Old Man Emu suspension, '06 Tundra big brakes, Toyota running boards, 4runner Trail Edition wheels, Kenwood DDX head unit (It's my OEM custom!)
    If you have velour-type upholstery, you can use a sharp razor blade to shave little bits of fuzz from elsewhere on the seat and use a tiny bit of upholstery glue/liquid stitch to patch the fuzz over the burn mark. Don't saturate the fuzz, you want it to float on top of the glue. Then rake it slightly after the glue dries, and it should mostly blend in with the rest of the seat. Can't remember exactly where I saw this; I think it was Gearz with Stacey David on Speed(?).

Products Discussed in

To Top