1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SEC Football BS Thread...the real football thread.

Discussion in 'South East' started by T4golfR, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Sep 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM
    CountryDan

CountryDan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Calhoun GA
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO DCSB 6 spd
    a lot of bad ass stuff
    The new poll I saw today had Bama falling to #2 with Louisville jumping nine spots to #1. What are y'all opinions on this guys?

2. Sep 18, 2016 at 4:30 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    I hope Bane shows up to the stadium and they both lose.

IMG_0575.jpg

PS, that's Hines Ward, future HOFer. Go Dawgs.

3. Sep 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Not sure what poll you saw, but bama is 1 in the ap and coaches.

4. Sep 18, 2016 at 4:34 PM
    CountryDan

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Calhoun GA
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO DCSB 6 spd
    a lot of bad ass stuff
    I'm not sure either. It was on a fan page on Facebook. Maybe I should have read it a little bit closer, lol.
    My bad.

5. Sep 18, 2016 at 5:18 PM
    CountryDan

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Calhoun GA
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO DCSB 6 spd
    a lot of bad ass stuff
    It was the fanbuzz poll. I thought it was one of the major ones. My mistake guys.

6. Sep 18, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    As a Kentucky fan it pains me to say that right now, Louisville is the best team in the country. They destroyed Florida State and UK struggled with New Mexico State. Damn it! :frusty:

7. Sep 18, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    BYJOSHCOOK

BYJOSHCOOK Mr. Mojo Risin

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Woodstock and Alpharetta Ga
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    Uh I hope we beat TN it'll be tough with the backup but he does have some experience. Let's hope the TN that played App state shows up

8. Sep 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    MSU Taco

MSU Taco More cowbell

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB 4x4
    I think that was the Arizona Cardinals

9. Sep 19, 2016 at 7:36 AM
    T4golfR

T4golfR [OP] Golf dad > Soccer mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Golf club accommodation mods
    Finally able to get back on the site and post after a long stretch of work and life punching me in the balls!!

Here's my few things...

Louisville seems to be more than LEGIT!! What they did Saturday to Jimbo Fisher made my entire mind, body, and soul smile!:rofl:

Ohio St also seems to be a pretty good contender for the time being, but I also think that Oklahoma well widely overrated to begin the season. We will see how OSU, MSU, and Mich fair when they all tangle later in the season.

Auburn is who we thought they were....BAD!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Malzahn's seat is getting warmer by the week and he knows it. I still don't think TAMU is that great of a team, but Trevor Knight and Christian Kirk are a pretty dangerous duo right now.

Hated to see Del Rio get injured in the UF game...especially on what appeared to be a purposeful dirty hit.

Tennessee is a tale of 2 teams right now. They randomly showed up against VT kinda... VT turned the ball over 5 times in that game for UT to finally pull away. Definitely would have been a different story had the turnovers not occurred. But App St and Ohio should have never given UT the trouble they did so I think even with a backup QB that UF still has a legit chance of upsetting UT this weekend.

LSU almost gave it away to Miss St late in the game. Regardless, I believe that game was truly a win win game for both teams as I believe they have found themselves QBs.

UGA still hasn't been able to find their stride in the running game outside the UNC game. Their O line doesn't seem able to get on the same page right now running the ball right now. Again though, I believe they have found their QB as well in Eason. The kid has an absolute cannon of an arm but seems to get a little antsy when feeling a little pressure. Good win over Mizzou though.

Vandy....well its Vandy. Look to have a rather solid defense but when they are on the field 40 minutes a game with almost nothing of an offense able to muster anything, they are going to come out on the short end more times than not. Still like Derek Mason as their coach...you can tell by looking at him on the sideline during the games that he is fighting like hell to pull out wins every week!

USCe is just a matter of a few plays away from realistically being 0-3. Wouldn't be surprised if UK was able to pull the upset next week...although UK did give up quite a few points and yards to NM St:anonymous:

Arky will find out what they are made up this weekend I believe against TAMU. They did pull off an impressive win against TCU (haha, Kenny Hill still sucks!) but struggled mightily against La Tech opening week. Should be another good SECw battle this weekend.

Finally, BAMA! I thought for a few that Ole Miss has just become our kryptonite as of late. A few words were said throughout the first half especially! The obvious helmet to helmet hit on Jalen Hurts the led to a fumble to TD had me LIVID:censored::censored::censored:. But kudos to the Frosh for not getting upset or flustered and bring the team back 21 points! Ole Miss did play a heck of a game though so hats off to them. Fun fact...OM is the first team in FBS history to blow 2 21 point leads in the same season. No offense to OM fans, but that fact couldn't happen to a better d bag in Hugh Freeze:poking:

Anyway, 3 weeks into this season and it feels just as unpredictable as any other football season. Looking forward to Week 4! ROLL TIDE!!!:oldglory:

10. Sep 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM
    MSU Taco

MSU Taco More cowbell

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB 4x4
    I think there is more going on at Mississippi state than we are seeing. I'm not saying Fred Ross was dropping fitzgeralds on purpose but he looked like a first team all American when Williams came in late in the game. My thought on it was that the team didn't respect fitz because he is an underclass man and got the nod ahead of an upperclassman. Someone told me however that fitz is out partying to much and the team is mad. Whatever it is they need to get their heads out of their asses because either of those 2 dropped passes in the end zone would have won is the game.

11. Sep 26, 2016 at 9:16 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4WD
    Nobody chiming in about this weekend? As an LSU fan, I don't even know what I'm feeling/thinking.

12. Sep 26, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R

I was just about to give my weekend report:thumbsup:

stronghammer[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Sep 26, 2016 at 9:59 AM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Week 4 Report

Florida - Talked ALOT before the game. Blew a ridiculous lead, and failed to come back out on the field after halftime! Tenn took advantage of momentum changes and put up crazy points in a fast amount of time. Tenn still doesn't appear to be the team they want to be, but they are on the right track once halftime comes. UF, well at least you aren't Ole Miss yet and given up 2 21 point leads....yet.

UGA - as the year as gone so far, one can only say that this "L" was just inevitable. But the way they lost...well that was just UGLY! With all the offensive woes...drops, bad blocking, etc...You cant give Chad Kelly that kind of time to throw, but damn, the DBs have got to be able to find the ball and make a play on the ball and not the man! UGA needs to gather quickly though because USCe and Vandy are up next and they way UGA played this weekend should make fans worry that they can lose 3 in a row!

Kentucky - Didn't watch much of this game but seeing the final score leads me to believe that they struggled pretty bad with USCe. Can only think that next week vs Bama will be brutal for them...(I hope ;))

Mizzou - Who knew Delaware St even was a school, much less had sports team.....:anonymous:

USCe - Getting beat by Kentucky isn't that bad of a thing....except this was in football and NOT basketball. Muschamp's squad better have a good week of practice because I do believe that TAMU is no joke!

Vandy - Continuing to keep the conference GPA high, struggled with WKU but at least came out with the win. Don't see much success next week when UF comes in. Should be a good defensive game....at least for a half.

TAMU - Looks GOOD!! Arky gave them a game for 3 quarters but Trevor Knight and the Aggies found another gear in the 4th and made that score look worse. This coming week's game against USCe "should" be more less a good scrimmage game to prepare them for Tenn in 2 weeks.

OM - As stated earlier, UGA just didn't have anything for Kelly and his ball playing receivers. Should avenge their loss to Memphis this week, then their schedule just screams conference play throughout the end of the season. Outside TAMU though, I don't see Ole Piss losing another game and 9-3 is very possible/likely.

MSU - Like Mizzou's foe, who knew UMass had a football team? Mullen appears to be a lost puppy without his prized stud, Prescott, in the driver seat. After their OFF week, their game against AU should be interesting.

LSU - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO, firing Les Miles was the worst decision they could have made. I agree with getting rid of Cam Cameron as the O coordinator but canning Miles was just crazy to me. A man with that record in what is known as the hardest conference/division in the country....I don't know man, you replace the one flat tire before you just get rid of a known good working set. Anyway, the lack of time clock knowledge haunts Les Miles yet again with this one. His offense has to be more aware of the time and situation they are in and they come away with that win. No one can convince me that AU's Malzahn would be where Les Miles is had this game ended the first way. However, LSU still has a few nasty games before they get an OFF week and with this bombshell, LSU may just struggle to get into a bowl game. Luckily they have Coach O at the helm now and I think he will do exactly what he did at USCw and get those boy's asses in shape and end the season strong!

ARK - As I said above, kept the TAMU game close for 3 quarters but just didn't have the firepower to keep up with Trevor Knight. They have a buffer game this week with Alcorn State before their matchup with Bama in 2 weeks. Coach Bert is still waiting to bring his "Big 10 football to the SEC"

AU - Luckiest team in American...again. Malzahn's seat upgraded from sitting directly on the coals, to sitting on the grate above them. Still think his seat is extremely hot! I still believe AU has a hell of a defense but their Offense is a joke. For Malzahn to say that this offensive performance rocketed them anywhere is laughable. Oh well, time will tell. Good win against a Les Miles coached team with Fournette on it!

Finally....my team

Bama - Going in knowing this was a mild scrimmage, I HATE these games!!! The history of injuries in games like this just haunt me being a Bama fan! However, after reading reports none of the injuries seem to be too severe so that helps. We have KY this week though and definitely don't want to overlook them...especially if we sit some of our starters with injuries to get them 100% healthy.

Roll Tide to another great weekend of College Football, and cant wait to see what happens next week!:oldglory:

14. Sep 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I disagree with you about firing Les Miles. Yes, I loved the man as a person and his character, and yes his record is excellent there, BUT look at the statistics. He has won 1 national title, but has the most active NFL players of any college...so those two don't go together. Since the Alabama shutout in the 2011 National Title, LSU hasn't had a season with losing less than 3 total games. Since that NC game, they are 2-7 vs. Alabama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. Les has 3 memorable games of piss poor clock management and that can be attributed to players, but it mainly comes back to coaching. Finally, he has had countless years that he has been told FIX THE QB SITUATION. Cam Cameron was supposed to be that answer, and he wasn't. Les would not let them get rid of Cam last year. He was tasked with 1 JOB and he didn't do it over YEARS. The one thing I do disagree with about the firing, is the timing. They should've let them both go at the end of last season. That's not Les's fault though, there is poor upper management showing there.

Now, what's happened since....WE HIRED A MUTHAFUCKING GENERAL MANAGER WTF LSU?!?!?!?! What the hell is that guy gonna do?? (he only graduated college in 2008) Coach O very likely can whip the players into shape, and from what I've read they are excited to play for him. Who are we going to end up with? LSU can't afford Tom Herman, Fischer isn't an "upgrade", and don't even get me started on the rumors of coaches like Briles or Pelini. There currently is nobody out there that I, as an LSU fan, want except Herman. LSU is known to go cheaply though, look where Les came from...O Line Coach at OKLAHOMA STATE. So....maybe Orgeron gets a long audition and lands the job, maybe they scrounge up some money from somewhere...who knows. It's about to get interesting.

T4golfR[OP] likes this.
  15. Sep 26, 2016 at 10:17 AM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    You bring up some excellent points for sure! Like you said, I think my biggest issue with this is the timing and cutting both simultaneously. I think if anyone gets cut DURING the season, its the coordinator! You let the head coach try and figure it out and if you cant, HE GONE! If I were an LSU fan though, I would not be upset with Coach O being the interim. He turned USCw around after the Kiffin firing and they straight up fucked him at the end of the season not giving him the job. One can only assume that LSU saw the same thing and if he repeats the outcome I don't think LSU can afford to lose him. I agree that the head coach pool right now is very slim as well. Herman is definitely the name that is on the top of all head coaching possible openings. There are a few that think once Houston gets into the Big 12 that Herman has no reason to go anywhere. $$$$ talks and so does prestigious programs! Herman is gone after this year in my opinion. I'll go even a step further and you can say you heard it hear first, Kiffin to Baylor....:crapstorm:

16. Sep 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Haha I could honestly see Kiffin at Baylor. I don't want him at LSU that's for sure. I'd rather hire a coach based on character than resume, that's how they got Les. Art Briles would be AWFUL, and so would Petrino. I would honestly be "ok" with Orgeron...but want to see how he does from here on. Dave Aranda is still proving to be one of the best things to happen to LSU, we just have to get an offensive mind in there. Herman is guaranteed to make 8 mil a year at Houston if he stays 2 more years. I agree prestige talks, but he's not worth 8 mil to an SEC school at this point, and let's be honest...it's easier to coach at Houston than LSU, so unless he wants to prove something...I'd stay put. My guess now, is that Orgeron becomes the coach, based on lot's of things (he's from there, depending on how he does as interim, etc.) but mainly...he'd be cheap..

T4golfR[OP] likes this.
  17. Oct 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Wow this thread has died

stronghammer likes this.
  18. Oct 24, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Yes it has. I have been out of touch on the forum for the past few weeks staying swamped at work and apparently "helping" plan a wedding!:anonymous:

I am working on a 2 week catchup post now to see if we can get this ball rolling again since I have seemed to slow down now!

19. Oct 24, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    As I stated above I have been out of the loop lately with this thread so here is a quick rundown of the last couple of weeks.

UF - After squeaking by Vandy and dodging LSU for the time being, they put a beatdown on a very weak Mizzou team. They have a VERY tough final 5 weeks of the season and I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop at least 2 of their last 5 and with probably a bad lost to a resurging FSU team to end the year.

UGA - the loss to Vandy really took a lot out of UGA. Kirby Smart will definitely remember his first year for sure with that stinger. This week against UF should be a competitive game and for UGA's sake they better hope they are. AU is looking stronger each week and that rivalry game could get ugly early if they aren't careful.

KY - KY gave the SEC East their first win against an SEC west opponent this week against MSU. Their last 5 games aren't the hardest but not exactly push overs except for their non conference Austin Peay game. I still think we can all still agree that we are glad they have a good basketball team! HAHA!

Mizzou - Proving to be the worst team in the SEC, they may pull off what AU did a few years ago and go winless in the SEC. Not much talent on either side of the ball. Tough team to watch for sure.

USCe - If it wasn't for the team above I would give the nod to the gamecocks. Muschamp is struggling in his 2nd stint as a head coach again and not sure if he is head coach material/caliber....at least right now. Maybe he can recruit his type players and repeat what the ol ball coach did at USCe eventually. Not holding my breath.

Vandy - I will say that Vandy's defense is pretty legit, but how their offense struggles by not staying on the field long enough I don't see them being able to hang with upcoming AU, Ole Miss, and TN.

TAMU - Coming off their big wins against ARK, USCe, and TN...TAMU was looking like a very formidable foe against BAMA this past weekend. Still have a reasonable chance to win the west barring some upsets but TAMU is a legit team for sure. Their season finale against LSU is looking more and more competitive.

Ole Miss - Was OM over rated to begin the season or what? Not sure what has happened to them but they are just not a very good football team lately. I know the ARK game really deflated them but I thought they were getting it back together when they tied LSU before half....NOPE, LSU and #7 put a beating on them in the 2nd half and made Hugh Freeze scratch his head wondering out the end of their season may go. AU may embarrass them next week.

LSU - Ol coach Orgeron has them boys playing some football!! Along with Fournette, LSU has resurrected their season since letting go of Les Miles and are looking to challenge their next 4 weeks of SEC football.

AU - As much as I hate to say it, AU looks good lately. Although ARK was coming off a tough stretch, I don't think the outcome would have been much different. AU ran the ball at will when and where they wanted to. If all goes as planned, the Iron Bowl could decide the SEC west.....again!

ARK - Witnessing their embarrassing loss to AU this weekend couldn't have happened to a better person in Brett Beilema...in my opinion. His attitude coming into the SEC just irked the hell out of me so watching him continuously eat humble pie (not the only pie he is eating, obviously) is very gratifying! Their next 4 games are SEC foes after their BYE week so they better get their act together fast!

BAMA - Thus far, they are proving again to being on a different level than any other team. TAMU gave them a bit of a scare early, but the D prevailed again by scoring in their record 10th straight game further finishing off TAMU by covering their 19 point spread. The BYE week couldn't come at a better time now losing their Defensive general in Eddie Jackson. Hopefully during the BYE week one of Saban's other 5 stars will step in and not miss a beat. With LSU and AU playing their best football of the year, BAMA will have their hands full to finish the season undefeated.

My apologies for slacking in here the past few weeks but hopefully my busier days are behind me. We still have A LOT of competitive games to watch the rest of the year, so until next time...ROLL TIDE!!!

stronghammer likes this.
  20. Oct 24, 2016 at 8:13 AM
    stronghammer

stronghammer STTDB

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    LSU is in for a rough final 4 games. I agree they're playing some of the best football I've seen honestly in years, and Fournette is f'ing back. He was playing pissed off all day Saturday, and it was unstoppable. I still thank Bama beats them because they are just good at each aspect of the game this year, not the best at any of the aspects, but the best at ALL combined. It's going to be one hell of a game with Orgeron playing for possible job and Fournette wanting to prove the ~30 yard game last year wasn't his fault (O-line failed him) and that he is the best RB.

T4golfR[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top