1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Secede Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Zombie Runner, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    derekp

derekp giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    You are spot on! You're preaching to the choir and totally missing the point this was brought up. But beware, drew02a has grown bored of this conversation. His eloquent phrase "STFU" means any further explanation by the new guy must not be tolerated.

2. May 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Hence the use of the words "in the developed Western world". That qualifier was there for a reason. Not only that, but we are by FAR the richest country the world has ever seen by any measure that matters, which makes being anything but #1 almost embarassing. It does say a lot about our priorities here in the US though (hint: not the well being of our citizens).

And the fact that most of these studies and data were funded by and garnered from countries and governments all over the world? What exactly is the problem with producing a study to support a position when by any rational analysis, the position is correct and the extra study just happens to be gravy?

Furthermore, when the information is brough to light matters little compared to what it shows.

As someone in mental health, I would expect you to be very familiar with the importance of gathering data and analyzing statistical trends. These methods are the basis for the entire knowledge base of your (and my) profession.

It's entirely relevant. A doctor that cannot perform a surgery because he does not have operating facilities or the correct surgical tools is not doing bad work - he is doing the best that *can* be done in the circumstances.

Similarly, if a practitioner in the US cannot complete treatment of a patient because that patient's insurer rescinds their coverage, that does not reflect poorly on the skill of the practitioner. The problem is related to the reimbursement system, not the clinician.

If you work the government, the government does do everything for you in the form of providing you with work to do and benefits and compensation for said job. Also, that compensation and those benefits would be paid for, in those circumstances, by private sector tax dollars.

I say "if" and "would" because you have not yet confirmed whether or not your profile is accurate in stating that you have a government job (which includes the armed services).

Unlikely for several reasons, the primary two of which are:

1) In the past three decades, not having the money has not stopped the government from spending it, especially on the military, including compensation and benefits for air force mental health staff.

2) Entitlement programs to private citizens (social security, medicare, etc.) continue as well, although underfunded.

No miswording. The system is wrecked because of its dependence on a for-profit reimbursement system. If the US healthcare system were funded in a manner where insurers were not allowed to make health decisions (i.e. every other developed western nation), it would ABSOLUTELY be the best in the world.

You implied I was an incompetent clinician. Yes, I will get annoyed at you for implying things that are false. You should expect that from society as a rule of thumb.

You stated your opinion on the US health system and noted no facts aside from clinicians in other countries being trained here and our system ranking a dismal 30somethingith in the developed world.

None of which are facts to support the health care system in the US, only facts to support that the system doesn't work well. If you have the best clinician training and the worst patient outcomes, well...is it more likely the clinicians or the method of care delivery is the problem? Easy answer.

Spare me the marketing catchphrases.

Clinicians do it right. The system of health care delivery in the US does it wrong.

In government funded sectors (and other certain areas, Duke Medical, for example, with their enormous endowment), this attitude is valid because money for your pay and benefits will come from somewhere (the taxpayer, the endowment, etc).

For people in the private sector, it's a genuine concern. Insurers don't pay, we can't provide care because the clinic's lease doesn't get paid.

3. May 11, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    good plan, oh wait.......:bananadead: :D

4. May 11, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  5. May 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Yeah, you'd think it would be enough but there are so many short bus patrons on this site lately.

6. May 11, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top