1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Second Battery and Inverter

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by scandoscott, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Apr 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    scandoscott

scandoscott [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    Wildernest
    So I have a 96 Tacoma with a wildernest and I would like to add an inverter that is accesible from the bed. I would also like to run this inverter off a second battery so that I do not kill my primary while camping. What is the best way to do this, should I still try to install two under the hood or would it be best to find a way to wire the battery to the bed.

2. Apr 22, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw.

i havent done a 2 battery setup like alot of the guys have..........but best bet is probably, if you dont have room under the hood.......keep the extra battery in the cab, and run longer wires to extend them to the other battery, and run them in series......then you can install the inverter where you want it, and run wires thru a grommet in the back of the cab, or right under one of the seats. you'll probably wanna look into another alternator as well, especially if you are going to hook up alot of lights.

To Top