1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Second Gen Tacoma Side Mirror Vibration Fix

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sHiBby, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Sep 17, 2010 at 2:13 AM
    sHiBby

sHiBby [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Sr5
    For the Less fortunate. so your dad doesn't drive your truck once and try to use super glue to fix the vibration and loose side mirror LOL ( poor me ) but gotta love the parentals for caring.

maybe this is a just a vent just for me in general but thanks for listening.

Watcha Need:
    1. 10mm Socket Wrench
    2. Chuck Norris Vice Grip hand

Instructions:

Step One: Go to your Local Tacoma

[​IMG]

Step 2 : Locate on the inside the panel to the side mirrow

[​IMG]

Step 3: With your Chuck Norris Vice Grip hands GENTLY remove the plastic casing to expose the joint that hold the mirror to the door

[​IMG]

Which should Expose this :

[​IMG]

Step 4: Locate where you should tighten that LOOSE nut with your wrench:eek:
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Once that bolt is tight! Remove the little plastic clips GENTLY!!!!! I meant it GENTLY( there fragile and you don't want them falling in the door panel because you don't wanna remove the door panel so you use tweezers to get them out in the hot blazing heat of the arizona dessert - me venting a little )

[​IMG]

They should look like this:

[​IMG]

Step 6: Take the clips and clips them on to the lips of the plastic casing previously remove in "STEP 3".( this is sounding like a cook book - HOPE no one did this thread already because it'll be such a waste of late night TW surfing - _ - )

[​IMG]

Step 7: Lastly after clipping them back onto the casing place the plastic casing back on to the exposed joint where there mirror joins the door ^_^. TA DA!!!! ( no more super glue )

[​IMG]

2. Sep 17, 2010 at 3:05 AM
    JetTech

JetTech Member

Member:
    East Bay, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport D-Cab Long Bed 4X4
    Icon/5100, N-FAB Side steps, AIRAID Intake, Secondary air filter removed, WeatherTech's, OEM roof rack, USA-spec ipod adapter, A/C-defrost mod,2ea Delta bike Hitch Pro2 Locking bike mounts,TRD Skid,Polk 6x9/6,RedLine hood struts,under-hood led lighting...
    Nice post! But..... F@#*!!! Now my truck is going to get another RATTLE!!!!!!:(:D

3. Sep 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM
    sHiBby

sHiBby [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Sr5
    aww -_- sorry. maybe this thread should be called "shibby venting thread because he knows how to actually fix a loose side mirror but now has super glue or gorilla glow on the side of this door now" mybad man

To Top