1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seeking Advice from the Suspension Gurus

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by suthrngent47, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Nov 11, 2016 at 9:11 AM
    suthrngent47

suthrngent47 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DCLB 4x4
    Background on the truck- 2012 DCLB, Icon 2.5 ext travel coilovers, Icon UCAs, super bumps. Full aluminum skids and steel sliders are installed. Aluminum plate bumper and m8000-s winch are on order.

I've got my Icons cranked up to 2" of threads exposed but I'm only sitting at around 22" center hub to fender. I'm thinking my 5 year old 650# coil springs might be toast. I was toying around with the idea of swapping these old coil springs for 700# springs, although I'm right at that "200-250# of extra weight" recommended threshold. A very reputable vendor on here suggested that I keep the current 650# coil springs and add top plate spacers- I know top plate spacers tend to carry a stigma. Right now I think my options are...

A) Add top plate spacers per the vendor's recommendation, back-off the preload on the coilovers a bit

B) Get 700# springs and hope the ride isn't overly-bumpy with my aluminum armor

C) Get some new 650# springs

I should also add that I wouldn't mind having a little less uptravel- the 285s are eating the hell out of my fenders. What do you guys think?

image_6_a9528ef6485f6258127c077ef01112a4702710eb.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top