1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

selling my front bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by s10nick, May 7, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    s10nick

s10nick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    3inch hbs lift toytec diff drop grillcraft grill hella 500s conv. to 8k hids xentec hid head light conv. 5% tint more to come
    well no duh with a hard enough hit anything will fold what do u plan on doing driving through a brick wall?

2. May 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.

OK let me rephrase my sentence without gussets and proper support it will fold up rear ending a Honda civic at 25mph.

3. May 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Congrats on doing the job yourself, I could not have made anything that looks that good.

That being said, as a buyer, I'd feel uncomfortable buying a bumper made by some random guy, especially when the fitment looks pretty loose and it doesn't look like it's very well braced. Also, there's no support whatsoever (you aren't a company)...

GLWS, I'm just saying, there's a difference between "that's a cool thing you built for your truck" and "that's something I want to pay money for and put my trust in as a buyer"

4. May 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    3inch hbs lift toytec diff drop grillcraft grill hella 500s conv. to 8k hids xentec hid head light conv. 5% tint more to come
    hey verry understandable i can see ware your coming from and thanks for the luck man

5. May 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 O.G. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4x4
    Its $450, if you want a more "sturdy" bumper so you can ram civics buy something custom for 2-3x the price!

-OP good luck with the sale. You made a nice looking bumper and are selling it for a great price. Someone will pick this up and be very happy. lets just hope their intent isn't to ram cars or plow through objects.

6. May 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    thanks and kinda what im thinking too and i dig ur bike i almost got its twin

7. May 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    x2.

glws bump!

8. May 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    thanks!

9. May 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Good luck with sale you have some awesome fabrication skills.

10. May 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    The OP is also asking OBO, so if you feel it needs reinforcements, make him and offer and do it yourself.

GLWS, I would like to see what your next one looks like.

11. May 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    thanks man let me know if that works out for you

thanks and ill deff put up pics of my new one when its done

12. May 10, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Looking for an offroad bumper you want something that can be jacked off of, or a winch mounted to. While this looks nice it lacks the ability to do either of these. When you build your new one OP you should take a look at this one http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/re...elentless-fab-05-tacoma-plate-bumper-buy.html

The pictures there show a perfect example of the gusseting an "offroad" bumper NEEDS. I'm not trying to rip your design, just trying to help ya understand what people are talkin about.

13. May 10, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    bump for doing ur own custom stuff...an for a first off home design you did damn good kid......keep it up

14. May 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    Ok I'm gettin sick of every one telling me what the bumper needs I was 19 when I made this bumper it was also the first one i have ever made if you can do better and can prove it to me when u were 19 then awesome why do you think I am making a new one I figured some one that would like the look of a plate bumper and the added clearance to do some mild wheeling while adding additional strength over the or might like it hints the cheap price I'm tryin to get some one a nice bumper and tryin to help me get metal for my new one if you don't want it then that's your choice and quit bitching about it not being what u want the point has been made and its becoming very moot

Thanks for the bump and encouragement

15. May 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    America is a safe haven for free and open market transactions, and access to information is the principle in which this market system is founded upon. Without criticism for a product, how can consumers make decisions about their purchases. If you wish to sell your product in a free market, please respect the freedom of information associated with it.

16. May 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    That is not the thing this is already made and its not like ato or relentless its is just a one off bumper I am not making this in production so yet again if u don't want it don't buy it no one was asked for there opinion on it is the name of the thread opinions on my bumper? No its I'm selling it and if I had known every one was goin to put there 2 cents on what they would of done different or why they don't want it I wouldn't of even bothered putting it on here there is a thing called helping humanity instead of bitching at some one you could be helping them that is what civilization is about helping your fellow man not trying to screw them over so think about it I'm just tryin to sell my bumper and thats all I don't wana act like a 5 year old and get in a fight on the internet so if you don't want it please quit nit picking it cuz what is the point nothing is goin to change

17. May 11, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    For the record I wasn't trying to nit pick your work. I think for your first build it looks great. What I was trying to do is help buyers understand a little better what they might be getting. I tried to be a bit more constructive instead of just "this thing will buckle if a fly lands on it, etc"
    As for the link I posted that because you said you were going to fab another one up and figured that might give you some ideas and insight. Fabrication is a learning experience and one of the best ways to learn is to examine and sometimes borrow ideas and concepts. I'm sorry if you took offense because none was intended, thats why I put the last sentence in there. good luck with the sale and the second build.

18. May 11, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    s10nick

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    well thanks for the honesty but when i make my new bumper i wont be needing the help and yes fab is deffently a full time learning prosses because there is a million diffrent ways to do the same thing

19. May 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    fucker, hope no 'idiot' buys this bumper
    [​IMG]

20. May 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    haha... where is that from?

Products Discussed in

To Top