1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sensor Problems p1135

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Fold2times, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    Fold2times

Fold2times [OP] New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    2001 Tacoma V6. I have changed both Bank one sensors one and two along with the MAF sensor. I kept getting the P1135 code at Autozone. I took the truck to a garage and had a diagnostic done. They said the Bank 1 Sensor 1 was bad. They said it was showing 3 volts on their tester without fluxuation. I got a replacement from Autozone. After installing it and clearing the codes the light came on about 30 seconds after starting. Could this be a second bad sensor out of the box? The problelm is that what ever this is affects the operation of the transmission. The shifting is erratic. With 97K on the truck I didn't complain too much about changing the O2 sensors they are due anyway. Before changing the three sensors the transmission cluthes would stay ingaged and coming to a stop would stall the motor. This engaged transmission clutch was not constant but would happen time to time. It seemed like every time you drove it, it was a different truck. The engagement problem has gone away ( 1 week so far ) But I still have the problem after driving for a while the truck will not shift into reverse. If you shut the truck off and restart it it will back up. No transmission codes. Again this is not a constant problem and will happen erratically without warning. I had it to a tranny shop they were nice enought to suggest fixing the electrical problem before replacing hit and miss items. Anyway is the EMC part of this loop and is it possible that some other componant is faulty causing the P1135 code. I understand enough to get into trouble with all this. But I also understand that the more you find out the less likely you will keep shotgunning the problem with needless expensive parts.

2. Apr 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    bwilliamson

bwilliamson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Magnolia, KY
    Sounds like you got bigger problems than an O2 sensor. Ive had that same code for 2 yrs and am just now getting to the root of my problem (bad ecm). AFAIK the O2 sensor shouldnt have anything to do with tranny problems. Atleast I have never had any problems with my tranny due to it. Im sure someone else on here will be able to help you more than me but I do know that Tacomas dont like aftermarket O2 sensors. Better to bite the bullet and buy OEM than deal with the headaches of aftermarket.

3. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    Fold2times

Fold2times [OP] New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    I have heard that Bosch is hit or miss on getting the job done. I think it might be in the EMC because that would also affect the shifting. I don't know if Autozone would give my money back, probably not, I am going to pull this second one out and bench test it.

Products Discussed in

To Top