1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Serious tranny question!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by acdronin, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    acdronin

acdronin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have noticed with my truck recently that it is not dropping into overdrive as quick as it used to. It's got about 75,000 on her and it's a 4x4. My question is this, with all this computer controlled crap nowadays, my first thought is to reboot the ECU, next i'm thinking vacuum solenoid, I've had chevys most of my life and the toyos I had were all manuals. What are your thoughts on this, I'm thinking the fluid and filter could probably stand to be changed but I'm not going to do that myself, your thoughts? Anyone else had this issue?

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if there is no filter to change with the sealed tranny in all.

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    I'm giving this a morning bump for more opinions. changing tranny fluids is not something i think i want to do myself, then again, thanks to TW i did my diffs and TC changes just fine. My understanding is the fluid is good for a 100K, personally I don't believe that. Mainly I want to hear from people that may have had this issue and /or other issues that a fluid change solved

To Top