1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Service Manual

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by webhead, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Dec 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    webhead

webhead [OP] Member

Member:
    Clovis, NM
    Does anyone know where I can get the Dealer Service Manual for a Tacoma 2011?

I've seen a 2010 manual and it's around $560.

If someone can tell me when I can find one from somewhere other than the dealer and for cheaper would really help me out.

Thanks!:D

2. Dec 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Might try books a million or barnes and noble. They should be able to look it up to see if they can get you one!:eek:

3. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Go on toyotaowners.com and register. (You can register for free)

Then fFor 15 bucks you get two days of complete access to the service manuals online.

It won't pay to use it every time you want to do a minor repair, but I used it when I wanted to pull my headliner, just to make sure I didn't miss any critical info regarding the side curtain airbags (not present on the Chiltons/Hayes guide) that would cause me to muff something up.

4. Dec 27, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    Steig

Steig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD off road
    Can you download the service manuals ? If they are a PDF, you can save PDF's.

5. Dec 27, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Should help you with most things:

6. Dec 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    webhead

webhead [OP] Member

Member:
    Clovis, NM
  7. Dec 30, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    webhead

webhead [OP] Member

Member:
    Clovis, NM
    jmg256,

What is sad is that you have not contributed anything tangible or specific. This site does not need your pomposity.

I posted the question because there might be a bit of info that i might not be available on a normal search.

Having to explain this to you is totally counter productive but maybe you'll learn what a forum is about.

If you're not going to contribute to help anyone here......don't post or log into the site!

And if you continue your bad atitude i'll ensure to contact a mod or site owner for en eventual block.........

8. Dec 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    webhead

webhead [OP] Member

Member:
    Clovis, NM
    whippersnapper,

If it wasn't hard to find.......post it!

And as far as being a crybaby, I think you should follow your own advice and not log into the forum since my intent is to get everything back on topic and provide sources.

Since you're obviously trying to turn this into an Oprah show, consider yourself forewarned as well!

9. Dec 31, 2010 at 4:02 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Seems to many lazy/igonorant people want others to do their searching for them. THe search function is an amazing tool and you might learn something useful about this site had you not attempted to try.

Finding info on your own is an empowering thing. Seriously, I've been around TW going on 4 years, and it amazes me how these new people continue to show up and expect everyone to lay info at their feet without doing any leg work...amazing!!!

OP have you considered a Chilton or Haynes Manual. You can get them from Amazon for under $20 and might fit your need. I'll assume you can go to Amazon and search for the books on your own after the shit storm you've received if you are interested. If not, go to TTORA and ask your question...see what happens...BTW welcome to TW, you should read the tips under the new members section. :thumbsup:

10. Dec 31, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    Jesseh46

Jesseh46 Handyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Homestaed,Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner 4
    I find this site by searching on the net,for some info for front hubs for my TACO I older than must of you youngsters but I learned to surf I think some people are used to been handed every thing on a silver plater:cool:

11. Dec 31, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I sure did like that outfit that guy had on...I wonder if he was a Tron guy?:)

12. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    EDIT: I keep resurrecting these murdered threads, I can be dumb sometimes. sorry ppl

Products Discussed in

To Top