1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seya Later Toyota

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Patrick, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    uh , yes or something

2. Dec 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    Wallygater

Wallygater Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Softopper, All-pro bolt-on sliders, Tom Wood's drive shaft, Goodyear 235/85/16 Dura-trac's, SG, USA-Spec I-pod adaptor, Amsoil in everything

Really? It's about time. Did they pay interest like we have to? They will always be known as Government Motors to me. Junk. And I can get a killer discount since my Dad retired from GM. I drive a Tacoma and if I went domestic it would be Ford all the way. :cool:

3. Dec 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    Wallygater

Wallygater Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Softopper, All-pro bolt-on sliders, Tom Wood's drive shaft, Goodyear 235/85/16 Dura-trac's, SG, USA-Spec I-pod adaptor, Amsoil in everything

OOPS! Yep Still Government Motors. What a bunch of Bullshit! So the gubment is a huge owner in the company. GM will never fail since they now have the bottomless pocket book of the US tax payer. :mad:

4. Dec 26, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    actually it was Bush that started the ball rolling with GM. his administration provided GM with cash, starting with $4 billion on Dec. 31, 2008, that kept the automaker solvent until it declared bankruptcy in 2009. Obama just continued to keep that ball rolling. the republicans claim they would have let the automaker(s) fail.

if you read the article i posted above earlier, you will see where the treasury department essentially admits that the entire bailout was never intended to do anything other than save jobs...some estimates are at around 1 million jobs, which the Obama admin will point to come election time.

snip/ “We’re going to lose money in the auto industry on net, but we did this for the jobs we were going to save, not to maximize return,” Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner said at a Detroit Economic Club event on April 28. “We’re not a private investor. Our job was to protect the country.” /snip

the repubs will point out how much money was lost on the bailout and try to remind folks of that come election time. as with anything, it probably depends where you sit as to which side you want to take. both points have merit.

5. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I agree the 4l60E was a problematic transmission but it is not used in the current Silverado/Sierra. The new transmission is a six speed auto.

As far as the Government's involvement in the Big Three it's a double edged sword. Yes, all big corporations spend recklessly when the profits are coming in and when times are tough sacrifices are rarely made at the executive level but would you rather not provide taxpayer money to the corporations and watch them fold causing millions around the world to join the unemployment lines or provide assistance to keep the ball rolling albeit down a rocky slope. I don't know what the correct answer is and I don't believe anyone else does as well.

Now back to the OP's original post. I looked at the Silverado but couldn't get the dealership to come down on the price when they were offering the 0% financing. My only gripe about the Silverado is the interior is so plain looking. As far as the Rubicon I just hope the OP bought a 2012 model because the 3.8 V6 is a horribly underpowered motor.

6. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    11 posts from good-bye to gov't bitching. This is all done...

7. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Closing another thread without a song?

[​IMG]

8. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Tapatalk really cramps my style

9. Dec 26, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    :cool: Kinda thought you could at least post some funny lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top