1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shamokin/Centralia, PA March 15th and 16th Wheeling and Camping

Discussion in 'North East' started by Texoma, Feb 8, 2014.

?

What day are you wheeling?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2014.
  1. Saturday March 15th

30.8%
  2. Sunday March 16th

23.1%
  3. Both and camping

53.8%
  1. Mar 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    Myself, a coworker and a couple jeep buddies will be there bright and early.
    Will know more the week of

2. Mar 2, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    M192

M192 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cambria county PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd sport, 88 4runner
    Alot
    I'm coming from the west so instead of driving past centralia to cabelas I'm just gonna go straight to centralia. Where exactly are you guys going in centralia. I can meet you up there. And what time do you think you will be there. I'm really hoping the weather is ok. Can't wait to test the lift out off-road.

3. Mar 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    Well I plan on being there around 0930-1000 on the old abandoned highway if the snow isn't to high to drive down it. Secondary Location is the center of town.

4. Mar 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    Butch up! :D

5. Mar 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Lol I work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. If I could sleep all day on Monday before work it would be possible.

6. Mar 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    Texoma

Texoma [OP] IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Edited first post, here is the edit

So now that we are less than a week away from this, I am pretty excited about wheeling n camping n shooting. My plans are to head out from my house about 8am and get to Cabelas in Hamburg to do a little shopping. I am looking to meet up with anyone there and leave Cabelas about 10am to head up to Centralia. For anyone not meeting at Cabelas and meeting in Centralia, the entrance to the destroyed Hwy 61 is a good spot to meet at probably at 11-1130am, just in time for lunch. Cook some hot dogs in the steam vents, then do some offroad exploring for a few hours. Then once we are good with Centralia, head over to The Whaleback near Shamokin. About what time we should meet up there, I don't know, I'm open to suggestions, but the entrance to the Whaleback ought to be a good spot to meet, then we'll go find the camp/squatter spot. The weather should be decent enough for all this, a little chilly overnight, but nothing fire won't take care of. Then come morning, we need to figure out when we would like to meet up with the non campers, same spot should be good, at the entrance to the whaleback. If anyone wants to exchange phone #'s, that would probably be helpful. OK, if anyone has input, please voice yourself. If anyone is as excited as I am, let it out. Woot

7. Mar 9, 2014 at 5:44 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    :woot: I'll be up Sunday morning. The wife has to work so I'll be up by myself or with my boy. What's the Sunday morning meet time? Around 10 works good for me.

8. Mar 9, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    Reh5108

Reh5108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 2.7L Extra Cab
    OME lift, 4x sliders, Demello rear bumper, custom front bumper, Engo 9000lb winch
    I work :(

Hope you guys have a good time. Hope to see some pics!

9. Mar 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    spencer44306

spencer44306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Upstate Ny
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport 4x4
    you guys mind if I tag along? I am trying to get out of work for this...its a 4 hour drive for me but I need some offroadin and campin!

10. Mar 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Don't mind at all. I'll be coming up Saturday I have to leave by 4pm so I can be at work by 7pm.

11. Mar 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    zopperman

zopperman LED & HID positive

Member:
    First Name:
    Zak
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner
    Lift, 32" Duratracs, sliders, LED light bar, interior LEDs, sweet tunes & sub, OBA, sliders, TRD 16" 6 spoke wheels, CB, HID spotlights, electrical mods, etc.
    @army of squirrels I'll have to leave early too

12. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Can meet up with you at anytime. I'll be up at sunrise most likely, cooking up some pancakes on the grill, unless you wanna bring breakfast. I see all of your food pics, so I know your good for it.

I plan on taking a decent amount of pics

All are welcome, just come prepared, Chair, sleeping bag, guns, ammo, food, n beers.

Maybe we can cut out of Centralia a lil early so we can get to the rifle range before you gotta leave.

Since you guys gotta bail out early, maybe we should meet up earlier? I'm good for it, just not too early, I'll be coming off midnight shift the day before.

13. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Just how bright n early you looking to be?

I put a link in the updated first post to the general area that we can meet in Centralia. Once every one knows what they are doing, we should all exchange cell#'s and if anyone has CB's, we can figure out what channel to be on. I don't have a CB, but I am going to bring a pair of 2 ways.

14. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    I was thinking about leaving my place around 7am for Centralia and that SHOULD put me up there close to 0930

15. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    OK, takes about an hour for me to get to Cabelas, then from there is about another hour to Centralia. Here's my route .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  16. Mar 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    M192

M192 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cambria county PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd sport, 88 4runner
    Alot
    I'm gonna leave my house about 730. That should put me up there around 1030ish. I have a cb. Just let me know what channel. And my cell is 814-410-4720 if u need to get ahold of me

17. Mar 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    GDubb13B

GDubb13B Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    13 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport
    just 15% tint..more coming
    dammit I have weekend drill that weekend!!, or Id be going again, well sucks for me but have fun out there guys!

18. Mar 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yep.

Will confirm times tomorrow but plan is to hit up Cabelas then motor over to Centralia (few guys haven't been) and then Shamokin, hopefully by 1130-1200.

I can't camp this time as work has me tied up sunday :(

19. Mar 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    zopperman

zopperman LED & HID positive

Member:
    First Name:
    Zak
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner
    Lift, 32" Duratracs, sliders, LED light bar, interior LEDs, sweet tunes & sub, OBA, sliders, TRD 16" 6 spoke wheels, CB, HID spotlights, electrical mods, etc.
    If I'm meeting on Saturday AM what time should I be where? I am confused.

20. Mar 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yep.
    A set time has not been established yet

We still have a few days to iron it all out