1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

she died today, and i'm not bothered....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoTitan11, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    TacoTitan11

TacoTitan11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    let me share a story. i have never had anything handed to me in my life. i have always worked. paid for everything myself. my parents came here to the US 30+ years ago and were culture shocked. i mastered English and eventually graduated cum laude from a private college. while i was in high school, there was this counselor. she was a sweet ladybut it seemed like she only gave her time and attention to the popular kids. you know, the football players, star athletes, cheerleaders, prom queens, home coming queens, and kids with nice cars, it was like she was trying to relive her youth through them. she never married, never had children, and she died today of terminal cancer. everyone is all sad, everyone (former popular kids of course) are all crying because of her untimely death. it is sad, but for some reason i dont care. maybe its because i was one of those kids who needed help and guidance, and she just blew us off. i later found out my wife went through the same ordeal years later (she was once overweight) yeah i was a nerdy kid with the john denver haircut, but i still needed help and guidance, and she never bothered. so is it wrong of me to sit here and not give a sh*t about her death, while everyone is crying. i guess some things from your childhood you never forget. i managed to fend for myself, go to college, and do it all, and have a successful career, and nobody helped me. in a way, i feel bad, but a part of me just doesnt give a sh*t. Am i wrong??? just looking for honest and sincere answers. by the way, after high school, i blossomed, became a good looking man, and married a beautiful woman, and life is good, but i will never forget the treatment i received in school 20 years ago. thanks guys, i really do appreciate your thoughts on this.:cool:

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    To be honest... im with ya. F___ those people. I have a few people who are like that and also wont be bothered when they go. But for the people who took time and patients to stand,sit or whatever they did to get me in the right direction, thank you.

Awesome you would get that off your chest!

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    I can understand your thoughts and emotions. Just make sure you do not make the same mistakes as this person did, judging a book by it cover.

4. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    You must care about her because you took the time to write this.
    Maybe by observing her shortcomings, she made you a better man ?

Best.

5. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    High school is temporary. I probably wouldn't give a shit if half the people I knew in high school died.

Life happens. Death is part of life. Cherish yours and the lives of the people you love and don't sweat the others. And who gives a crap what other people think?

If you have to interact with the people who did care about her, be considerate of their feelings, but nobody is going to blame you for not holding strong feelings about someone you knew 20 years ago and probably haven't had much contact with since.

Also, maybe try and let the resentment of high school go. Sure, it was a shitty time, but you seem to have made the better of yourself so put it behind you. Holding onto it will just make you cynical and cranky. It takes more energy to be unhappy you know.

Good luck!

6. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'd feel the same way.

She has enough mourners. I wouldn't concern yourself with it. She didn't help you, I don't see a need for you to lament her death.

7. Jan 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    DeadWeasel

DeadWeasel ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    First Name:
    Rex
    Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    09 : 4x4 : 2.7L : 5spd
    32" BFG ATs, Removed 2nd air filter, Brighter Reverse Lights, ARE Cap, LED maps/dome, ScanGauge II, zXe headlights
    You're perfectly normal. You're ok, she's ok, just dead.

If you can let it come and go without getting overemotional, you're probably just becoming more enlightened.

I don't need to have an emotional fit over everything just because I've been conditioned to do it from tv.

This is life, which includes death. You're aware of all this and talking about it. It doesnt get much healthier than that.:)

8. Jan 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    i actually had a teacher in hs that was very similar. he taught health and you had to pass health in order to graduate -and he damn well knew it. he was actually friendly with the school bullies, and most of the football team as well (not that they were all bullies, but alot of the cool/tough/popular crowd). my senior year, i had grades that ranked me in the top 4% of my graduating class of 750 kids, so i wasn't exactly "dumb" and passing health wasn't supposed to be an issue for me. i played soccer and lacrosse, but this guy didn't respect those sports. he basically did everything he could think of to try and screw me out of passing health. finally had a meeting with the school principal, some of my other teachers and my parents, and once he had eyes looking over his shoulder, he chilled the F out and i "passed" health.

if i ever read about that guy dropping dead, i'm sure there are alot of people who would feel bad, cry and make a fuss, but i sure as hell wouldn't be one of them. i can understand your feelings 110% and i wouldn't feel bad at all if i were you.

9. Jan 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    "I have moved. New address: cemetery. I'm looking forward to visitors."

10. Jan 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    kfgk14

kfgk14 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Killian
    New Hampshire
    As a high school student right now, I know those types, who are so cool and then tragedy strikes and all these people rush to help...but if I die tomorrow, they'll be indifferent. Well, I'll just assume that goes both ways at this point. Maintaining standards of measure is an easy way to establish a precedent of sanity in life. It also gives you an excuse to seriously put someone in their place, should they ever violate said standards.

11. Jan 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    If I'm understanding what you wrote, you almost nailed my exact thought while reading his post. If I read care as a positive feeling then not exactly but, he clearly is still thinking of the situations.

We've all had our issues throughout our lives with certain people but, still being upset about something that happened 20 years ago (and he's doing well) tells me the situation was either really bad or something else is or was going on.

It's interesting and sure provokes thoughts about my own feelings towards the people who have had both positive and negative impact on my life.

12. Jan 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You're ranting about how you perceived a high school counselor may have gave you less than stellar attention? This pretty much sums up all high school counselors.

As far as their passing is concerned I would doubt you probably knew her very well outside of her profession so the lack of any emotional feeling is understandable but I wouldn't waste my time justifying your emotions. She has passed on and is without pain. Be happy about that.

13. Jan 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    looks like the best thing for you was not get any guidance from her, and from what you say about her, looks like she was the one in need of some guidance.

I look at the bad and good things of my life as a contribution of what I am today, and I'm happy with what I am, therefore I don't feel any remorse towards the "bad" things.

It sounds like you were not close to her, so I don't think its bad not feeling bad about her death, but if you felt happy to hear that........ then that's something entirely different.

14. Jan 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    JWCWV

JWCWV Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab
    Not wrong at all. Had you hoped for her to die I would have a different opinion. That said, I had similar experiences and feel that those in a position of influence (especially over children) should never play favorites. They are only human but should know better!

15. Jan 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    cool thread, cool posts. understand EXACTLY how you feel. i was one of a few utter and complete loners (read:losers) in high school. (well, still a loner, but married---weird huh?) as you, am now very successful and happily married. kudos to you. don't fret, or feel guilt over your lack of remorse for her. only be concerned with the feelings of those close to you---your "beautiful" wife. props for the courage to post something that doesn't include guns, politics or even the latest mod on our wonderful tacoma's. you sir, are indeed, "MR. TITAN":thumbsup:.....:crapstorm:

16. Jan 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    20 years ago and you post this? seems like it is bothering you man, or something is

17. Jan 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    TacoTitan11

TacoTitan11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    i was very emotional when i read all your posts. thank you guys so much. your words are kind and inspiration and i think i have put this whole situation behind me. i love you guys, mean it !

18. Jan 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Life has a way to guide and direct you regardless.

Its the cards you're dealt that you have to figure out on your own. Every hand has a potential to win. Glad you've made the best of yours when others are given better cards to work with.

IMHO, its a realization from a chapter in your life that carried a lot of weight. It was where you had to anchor yourself in finding out the man you were going to become.

She has her own fan base that she worked for. You have yours.

Life isn't always fair. ​

In the shadow and mist of things. She did help you out. . . . think about it more.

19. Jan 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    bajaracer

bajaracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER DBLCAB SPORT 4.0
    AEM DRY BRUTE FORCE, FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES, 285/70/17 BFG'S AT KO2'S MOTO METALS 17X8 885's with 5100's LOUD STEREO
    Dude same story here, parents came to this country 40 something years ago on the "Bracero Program" offered by the U.S.. Then they became migrant workers. Later started a family. They worked their butts off to make sure we went to school and got a good education. They also made sure we worked every summer (field work: lettuce, watermelon, mellon, cabbage, pecans, brocali, grapes,,, and other stuff i cant remember offered in the Yuma valley). My guidance counselor, Mr Sullivan, didn't give a shit about me eventhough i had honor classes. I decided to apply to ASU,UofA, and NAU. The semester before graduation when we had to meet again he said to me, and i will never forget his words, "COLLEGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD BECOME A MECHANIC OR SOMETHING NOT TOO DIFFICULT". At that precise moment i showed him all 3 acceptance letters. He always focused on the popular kids. 7 of us ended up going to ASU and only 2 of us graduating. I have 3 bachelors, a masters, and linguistics certification by the Department of Defense. I have a great life now, help out my community and parents. All i can say is FUCK YOU MR SULLIVAN!!! Whether dead or alive I want you to know you didnt ruin this kids life.

20. Jan 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
    its time to unload bro..been carryin it for too long.
    Be a victor and not a victim.

Products Discussed in

To Top