1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sheriff Joe Get's Hand Slapped

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by HBMurphy, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I agree completely. Assimilation needs to occur, not pushing the border of Mexico north which seems to be happening.

2. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...

You are correct. Those jobs would be filled by legal americans. Somebody has to do it. If there were no illegals, this country WOULD probably be a better place but the business owners would not be happy because they will loose profit. I can understand both sides because if i owned my own business, i would not want to see my profit go down But let me tell you this. Greed is the root of all evil. Some business owners i'm sure would hire Legal americans to do the job and eat the loss in profit. But greed and selfishness will make many of them go looking for illegals.

3. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i agree about assimilation. there's nothing wrong with holding onto your heritage and being proud of where you came from, but you have to be a part of the society that you live in. i know some immigrants refuse to learn english because they think its turning their back on their heritage. that shit pisses me off

4. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Lack experience.... interesting. Again because you don't like some of what I say, you feel the need to attach some sort of negative label to support your own points. What's preventing me from making the same sort of conclusion? Probably because I've been around the block awhile. I grew up in the rural south, have lived in the Northeast and now Cali. So you better believe I've seen a lot of extremes in regards to political opinion. Enough to know better than get involved with debates like this one because 99% of the people out there have already made up their minds and you're not going to change them period.

So with that said... I respectfully have to say that I think its safe to say that we agree to disagree, which if is fine by you is also fine with me. Again- I should've known better than make a comment on a politically charged subject.

5. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    I agree. It's sounds like a win win situation. America gets more soldiers, Illegals get their citizenship and start paying taxes just like everybody else.

6. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I still don't understand your position though

7. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    too bad people with common sense dont run things....

8. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Why is it that everywhere I go, you show up with another stupid comment. I cant figure out if you're just stupid, or to thick in the skull to retain any information. Based on others responses, I can come to the conclusion that I am not alone with these ideas. I think you should just keep your mouth shut all together.

ILLEGALS have been a problem dating farther back than the bad economy. People have been fighting to do the right thing about this problem for a long time, but its the idiots like you who decide to give illegals the same freedoms and rights as everyone else. Illegal is illegal, no matter what. There are millions and millions of immigrants in this country that did things the right way, and they deserve the freedoms and rights that we all share. You can feel bad for them all you want, but they are a burden on this country.

You made a comment about not seeing any white middle class kids working as a dishwasher or a burger flipper. You ever think thats because the Mexican manager wouldnt hire them? We're in Cali, and we are over run with illegals. When you go to the midwest, or back east, who do you thing is working at burger king? White kids. There isnt a line of illegals outside the door waiting to take that position away from them. If the opportunity was there, you would see more white people in these positions.

Your argument that no one was complaining before is bullshit. We have been complaining, no one listens. Too many left wing liberals want to give everything to these illegals. My family immigrated here, the right way. They worked hard, PAYED TAXES, and contributed to this economy. The moajority of these illegals are sending their pay back to Mexico to support their families there. How does this help us? When you lose your job to an illegal who is willing to do what you do for less money, lets see who you complain to. We'll see how defensive you are then.

9. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy [OP] Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    ONLY for GOOD Causes...

I do love to sponsor guys/gals that I come in contact with in furthering their education. I have paid for over $12,000 worth of education that wasn't for me. I do it with strings attached (I must be a control freak! ;)). One of the things that ALWAYS get me is someone that says "I'd like to go to school but it is too expensive!" I have paid for a number of college classes since most of the time they are using that as an excuse. I like to remove excuses - believe me I suffer from my own too!

While we're on that topic... I've volunteered most all my life including wish granting (6 years) with that large WISH granting org - also was a public speaker for them for years. Homeless shelters for about 2 years (concluded 3 types, 1 Pych & drug probs, 2 Misfortune and 3 urban campers that feed off of the public and answer to no one), have given over 10 gallons of blood, 6 years of volunteer rescue (emt type stuff).... This is for bob to tell us how he contributes. Just saying I'd love to know what to love about bob. Any ACORN experience in your past?

10. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    My position is that we need a better system to figure out a way to better deal with illegal immigration. Whether that comes from relaxing immigration requirements to more aggressive policing, I don't know.

But additionally I've noticed the rhetoric against illegals is more than just anger over the fact that they're breaking the law, and that's why I also think that illegal immigrants are basically the equivalent of today's Polish, Irish, and Chinese of the last century. That's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

11. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy [OP] Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Fine by me. I think I'll pass on the beer summit thought. Is that okay by you?

12. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    Just because I don't think just like you doesn't make me "stupid". Like I said to Murphy, we can agree to disagree. Thats all. No mystery to it.

13. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Would it bother you if you would go to Burger King or any place in the midwest or back east and see mexican workers? I'm not saying Legal or illegal. Simply Mexicans.

14. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    NraFan

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    No. Absolutley not. The problem is that here there is such a problem with illegals. When I go home to Kentucky, you dont see floods of people at the Lowes rushing every truck that drives by. The mexicans there are either on work programs paid for by the farmers, or are there legally. Mexicans work at the stores there, the fast food resturaunts, a lot of places. I have no problem with it. I dont have a problem with it here either. I just dont want the illegals here. Its about the law, and doing the right thing. Like I said, my family immigrated here, the right way. If you do things the right way, I have no problem with it. The fast food thing is just an example, the real problem stretches much further than that.

15. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    hell, you can pay for mine too! i have about 22k in student loans that are KILLING me every month. you can pay me with paypal or money order or you can send the check directly to citibank

fair enough

16. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    I think we got a little pissed off at each other on this one. Beers all around on me.

17. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    NraFan

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Agreed :D Truce!

18. Oct 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    its all good. I'm sort of hungover anyway.

19. Oct 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ok. The way i read it just made me think it bothered you to see Mexican workers there... Let's move on:)

20. Oct 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    NOW we are fixing problems!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top