1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

She's broken in now! 2011 parts avail?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JTP, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    JTP

JTP [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB Off-Road
    I picked up my 2011 Mag grey double cab off road in mid Dec after a 7-8 week wait. Unfortunately I was t-boned by a small car and ended up hitting a street sign post after he struck me. The important thing is know body was hurt.

Truck was struck dead square in rear pass wheel, min gouging to the surrounding flare. I'm really hoping the rear axle wasn't shifted out of place. I only drove it a few blocks home.

The front driver side bumper was pretty much cut off by the sign. Fender is moved with no paint damage. Headlamp has deep gouge and paint from sign on it. Fog lamp, hood, and grill seem untouched. If I had an ARB on the front like on my jeep I just would've been bummed out my bumper was scratched.

Any ideas on parts availability lately? Going to Geico's certified body shop in a few but was thinking maybe a dealer recommendation might be better? I would think that a shop that the dealer uses a lot would do the best job to keep a good client like the dealer. Geico will guarantee the work of their shop for the life of the truck….

Any experiences? In the Islip, NY area..

2. Apr 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Going to the ins co body shop doesn't mean better work nor does any dealer.when you go to the shop the ins co wants you to just means you can take your truck before the shop gets paid and that the ins co will honor the body shop work in case stuff goes wrong later on.most dealers suck and sub your car out to a bodyshop anyway.i would only use a shop that I trust and I know people used and are happy with their work.the ins co makes it seem like you HAVE to use thier shop but you don't.DO NOT LET THEM PUT USED OR AFTERMARKET parts on your truck.fuck the adjuster,go over his head if you have to.

3. Apr 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
To Top