1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shift lock out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jb1dsl, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    jb1dsl

jb1dsl [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have to force it past the park override and I am looking for something I am missing to look at. I have checked the stop fuse and ign1 fuse and they are good. I have brake lights and all bulbs work fine. I checked for power at the plug going into the back of the shifter with a test light and I have power there. The only bulb I have that is not working is the shift indicator bulb by the shifter and it's blown ( have one on the way). I'm thinking the brake switch is good since I have brake lights. Could the solenoid be bad inside the shifter housing? How to test this solenoid? Look for some more testing points plz if anyone could help.

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    AlaskanTaco

AlaskanTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    Unplug the Solonoid, put a test lamp in line, from one connector to the other. Push on the brake (key on). If it lights, replace the solenoid. If not, time to back track.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    jb1dsl

jb1dsl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Are you talking about the plug at the rear base of shifter housing? If so what pins? I checked for voltage there and had it on two pins with the key on but haven't checked with the brake pedal pressed.

What kind of cost is the solenoid?

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    jb1dsl

jb1dsl [OP] New Member

Member:
    Checked plug and got voltage on the blue wire when the pedal is pressed. The shift lock override does not work either. It looks like when the override lever is pressed it should take the lock down but something must have been broke by the PO. I took a a screwdriver and placed a wedge in the solenoid to hold the lock and now it shifts. Just called Toyota and a new one is 75 bucks so no fear it will be replaced ASAP.

Products Discussed in

To Top