1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ship out for boot

Discussion in 'Military' started by YeahYeah, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Aug 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    I'll be that guy, don't plan on it. When the time comes to make your picks then you can try but in the end it's not up to you. If you want to tell everyone want to do then volunteer to be a squad leader, and prepare to get beat daily for them not being able to march, wearing black socks in gym, or really anything. Everything that has been previously said is all great advice, and in 8 weeks you will be wondering where the time went. You're about to gain a second family, welcome to the party.

If you've ever seen Full Metal Jacket, it's like that. There's always a Pvt. Pyle and a Pvt. Joker and you'll probably know by Monday who they are.

2. Jun 10, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    2006TRDSPORT

2006TRDSPORT 2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    I'm sure all basic training stories are the same, I went through almost 11 yrs ago & like everyone else has said, do what the hell your told and don't be "that guy" because you will stand out like a sore thumb. It's all a big mind game & gets easier once you get used to the daily grind. Break you down, build you back up is the norm through basic and you will feel 10 ft tall when you finish it, that's how it's suppose to be. I'm sure each branch has there own stories, but in the end it's the same result to make you PROUD to be serving your country, ready for anything, and make you feel like you accomplished something great in your life. To be a veteran in the U.S. Military is a great accomplishment & something you can cherish till the day you die. We make up 1% of the U.S. population and that in itself is something to be damn proud of! Yeah, there is alot of BS to put up with, but in the end it's all worth it knowing you were part of the best military fighting force in the world. All branches serve their purpose, and are very important in defending our great country.

3. Jun 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Boot camp in the 60s was not good. I hear its ok now, just the mind games. Dont be the first or last at anything. It will go by fast. Boot was the only part of the Navy that sucked... Jim

4. Jun 10, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    Good luck buddy, it will be over before you know...no advice from me, sorry, different Company Commader different tactics. Just be prepared for what seems like pointless games.

Oh yea, the Cape May Crud, you might get a little sick...be prepared for that.

Welcome to the Coast Guard!

EDIT:

Fuck I never pay attention to the post dates!!! So I am assuming OP is out of boot and in the ranks by now

Products Discussed in

To Top