1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shock not centered in spring

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Csmith8911, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Oct 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM
    pupdrew

pupdrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    805 SLO- 951 Riverside
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 Dbl Cab TRD
    working on it!
    did you have any squeaking noises when you turned? I'm having the same problem with my Bilstein struts. it wore a grove into my old top mount and its still leaning/rubbing on one side of the center hole. Does that mean I'm missing that important washer? I took it to a shop to replace the top mounts so I wouldn't know if that spacer is there or not.

2. Oct 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM
    frizzman

frizzman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 XCab 4x4 TRD/OR
    OME 2.5,Tundra 17s,Falken Wildpeak AT3W hitch w/ 7-pin, ARE cap, JVC HU w/BT, HID/LED lights
    they probably did not install the washer then. you may have to get a new one.

with the OME setup I have the Poly bushings keep it centered. I did not put that washer in but I have it in case it ever starts to move.

3. Oct 19, 2017 at 7:41 AM
    Glamisman

Glamisman Well-Known Member

Member:
    On my truck there was/were numerous noises, cluncking from worn inner tie rods, sway bar bushings wallowed out and the upper strut mount issue. I wont know which ones have diappeard until I get her back on the road. I purchased factory bushings and centering washers and ordered new top strut mounts from Low Range off road. The upper strut mounts from low range have the centering bushing molded into the lower bushing eliminating the need for the factory centering bushing... is this better, dont know, only time will tell.

4. Jan 30, 2020 at 6:31 PM
    jjsul

jjsul Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 OME
    I can only find rear spring poly bushings from OME. Do you have front upper poly bushings?

Products Discussed in

To Top