1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shock Problem

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Anthony250, May 26, 2011.

1. May 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 [OP] E-Fabber

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Gabriel Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    Eagle Alloy's 058 on Goodyear BFG All Terrians . 265/75/16. Kenwood Stereo, 12" JL Audio Sub. Led Lighting interior. Led Turn Signals. Custom Bumper ,Total Chaos Long travel Sway away shocks, glassworks fenders, ,Spintech Super Pro street muffler, Hellas 500ff HID Converted, Window Tint,Black Emblems, Deckplate, , Deaver Prerunner Pack, Bilstein 7100's 12" SB's and Sway Away 2" Air Bumps
    I just got these really nice , dirt logics for the rear of my tacoma cheap! One of them works great the other works but its harder to push in and makes a odd noise when pushing it in. Like its clicking. Too much oil? Looks like its nitrogen cap where you fill it has been tampered and the other perfect working one has not been tampered. The previous owner just said one had to be rebuilt. but still dampened.
    They are the Fabtech Dirtlogic 2.25 non resi really nice. Nitrogen mono tube.
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. May 26, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 [OP] E-Fabber

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Gabriel Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    Eagle Alloy's 058 on Goodyear BFG All Terrians . 265/75/16. Kenwood Stereo, 12" JL Audio Sub. Led Lighting interior. Led Turn Signals. Custom Bumper ,Total Chaos Long travel Sway away shocks, glassworks fenders, ,Spintech Super Pro street muffler, Hellas 500ff HID Converted, Window Tint,Black Emblems, Deckplate, , Deaver Prerunner Pack, Bilstein 7100's 12" SB's and Sway Away 2" Air Bumps
    EDIT" it actually goes in and out fine. it just makes a noise like really tight rubber bands

3. May 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    You've made a statement.
    So what exactly is your question friend?

EDIT:
    Oh I see your question, Too much Oil?
    It's possible, did you try removing some oil, and see if the grinding noise you are hearing goes away?

4. May 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 [OP] E-Fabber

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Gabriel Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    My question is why could it be making a noise like that. If the shocks cycles well. I would but its nitrogen charged i dont have nitrogen. Plus the shocks have never been opened according to previous owner. Not really griding noise. more of clicking and really tight rubber bands stretch.

To Top