1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shock question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hutch96r, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    hutch96r

hutch96r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4X4
    275 70 17 BFG TA KO ProComp shocks 2.75
    Alright folks this is what I have 2013 SR5 DBL CB 4X4 runnin 265 70 17's and I have question, been through most of the suspension topics and have not seen anything relating to Procomp Prorunner ss shocks (height adj) and the prorunner (std). Was at the shop today and the guy made me a better deal on these than the 5100's. Both have the height adj fronts with the standard rear. the Procomps are adj at 0" or 2.75". I do not want to go over a 3 " lift as this is the DD. Anybody use these before. Want a mild lift, and don't plan on baja'in the truck but will find mud monthly. Any info / feed back would be great.

It will have a bro-lean until I put AAL's on it in Feb. Thinkin of waiting until everything is there and just doin it all at once. What do ya'll think??

2. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    jermoids

jermoids Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    17x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset 265/65/17 duratracs NFAB Epyx step sides AVS hood protector Thule xsporter pro rack Weathertech floor liners Tacoma rubber bed mat
    from what i have read on here, i think at 2.75" of lift, you are right on the edge of needing to upgrade your UCA's as well, but im sure some of the more knowledgeable guys on here will chime in.

3. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    hutch96r

hutch96r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4X4
    275 70 17 BFG TA KO ProComp shocks 2.75
    Thanks Sir. I saw your truck here on TW the first time I was lurkin around and diggin for info. Nice tacoma!!

4. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    jermoids

jermoids Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    17x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset 265/65/17 duratracs NFAB Epyx step sides AVS hood protector Thule xsporter pro rack Weathertech floor liners Tacoma rubber bed mat
    thank you! wish i could help you out a little more, hopefully some of the guys who know will jump in here for ya.

5. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    not sure about these particular shocks, but as far as your concern as your truck being a dd...I am running the 5100's with preload adjusters sitting at just over 3" of lift and it drives just fine. that being said, I do plan on upgrading my uca's as well as front coil overs as I will be demanding more than my current set up can handle. but since you said you'll just be hitting the local mud hole every once n a while and not rock crawling or mobbing through the desert, you just need some extra ground clearance. so whichever lift set up you choose to go with, should suffice for your needs. just remember, you get what you paid for, and it being your dd, don't skimp out to save a few bucks now just to regret your decision in the long run

6. Jun 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    Boxy Brown

Boxy Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab Prerunner
    K&N drop in filter, 265 70 16 Falkens
    I just bought the same front set up and I also got the procomp 1 in rear block kit to go with it as well. There is always something better than that setup. People can talk about pre loaded struts and block kits till the cows come home. I happen to pop a curb and get the truck dirty once every 3 or 4 months. I don't demand too much more out of it than what the stock setup would go through. My choice going with this was pure aesthetics.

Downside... I just helped my best friend pack away all his tools in storage so I won't be able to even put mine on for another month.

Products Discussed in

To Top